Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found Dog - Nanawale
Found a young male dog hanging around outside my fence in Nanawale today. Looks like a mini yellow lab with a curled up tale. Very friendly and sweet and gets along with my dog, but is a chicken chaser. He also a has problem with one of his eyes that needs attention to. Ideally, he has an owner that is looking for him and will take him to the vet to get his eyed checked out. I walked with around the neighborhood hoping he would go back home, but he stayed by my side the entire time and followed me back home.

Are you missing your dog or know anyone who is? I don't want to take him to the shelter, but he will need care for his eye. Aloha.
There is a yellow lab-type male dog that lives and is allowed to run loose just off of Nanawale Blvd on the VFW street. He is probable 9 mos to 1 yr. But he doesn't seem to be a chicken chaser. What area did you find him?

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
I live on Ali'i and he was right in front of my fence wanting to come in. I'd never seen him before. I suppose he could have wandered that far. Do you recall if the dog you've seen has a curled up tail or a collar? This guy doesn't have any collar or id. I'm really considering taking him to the vet tomorrow even though I'm a strict budget. I think his eye is really bothering him. It really sucks that his owner wouldn't take care of that, although if he is letting him wander without a collar, that isn't saying much about the owner either.
I will put a lost and found ad on craigslist too.

Update - Just gave him a bath. He hated it, but was a good boy and tolerated it. He was infested with fleas. Watching him roll around afterwards to dry off was hilarious. It's probably the first time in his life that he's had a bath.
If this is the same dog, I'll ask the man in the AM if he is missing his dog. I don't remember the tail curling up and the dog I see is probably about 35 lbs and he has no collar.

Thank nana. Appreciate your help. I'm trying to get in touch with the humane society about my options. No luck so far, but I'm sure the day after the 4th is very busy for them. I really want to help this guy out and get treatment for his eye.
Shave ice, if the eye is gooey,you can put a dab of Neosporin into it and that might clear it up. Don't touch anything to the dog except the medication. Don't touch him with the tube or you will contaminant the whole tube. Seriously, it is OK to put that into their ye. It's the same exact thing as ophthalmologic salve, I've checked with a couple of different vest and a pharmacist about using it in eyes.

If it is anything beyond eye goobers or infection, I don't have any home remedies.
No luck, shave. Not the same dog.