Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goat Found in Fern Acres
Good morning,

Last night, during the fireworks, I went out to check on my dogs and found a goat standing in my driveway! Not something you find very often - even in Mountain View!

I put him up so he's safe from predators and cars (and my plants are safe from him), but he really wants to go home.

Please be prepared to describe him, if you are claiming him. I want to be sure he goes back to the right family - I'm sure you understand.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated. I'm down by pole 88 on Lehua. Please call me at 430-3056.

Aloha,
Cat
The owners may wait a few days to see if he returns by himself. when he doesn't, they may put up some Lost Goat signs in the area, so keep an eye out for those. They may have filed a notice with the HIHS, so you might want to call the shelter to let them know that if they get a call, that you have the guy. If all else fails, put up your own Found Goat signs.

Been there, done that.

I put my sign up, and I posted on a couple local forums. I'll give the humane society a call, thanks for the reminder!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
The humane has a "lost and found" section online. Put it there.
Thanks! Will do!
It's a bit humorous that right after the "Goat found" post there is a meat wanted post. I know, unrelated but coincidental.
I know - I've had a number of "friends" ask me if I'm planning a BBQ any time soon.

PunaCat: check this ad on craigslist!
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/laf/4554890277.html
Great news! That was them!!! Thanks so much for the great detective work! They just came and picked him up. They were so happy - and so was the goat. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed he's gone now.

Go Punaweb!

Thanks for updating this thread with the happy ending.

Oh, how I love a happy ending.