Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Teenage Girl: FOUND
Update: She has been found. Thank you all, and thank you Hawaii County Police Department.

The 16 year old daughter of a mainland friend has gone missing on island. Last seen on the West side. My friend has asked whether there are any local news stations (she would like their tel numbers). I don't watch television news so I don't know if there are any local news stations. Are there? [UPDATE: Since found out all news stations broadcast out of HNL]

The report already appears on Hawaiinewsnow.com (http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26001...ornia-teen) and on the websites of the West Hawaii Today and the Hilo Tribune. The police must have put it there.

Is there an outlet I may be missing, to broadcast this information?
I'll keep my eyes out for her. Scary.
This has been covered in the local papers, the Star Advertiser, KHON, KITV in the last couple of days that I know of... TV is all out of Honolulu, local radio stations may be a good thing to check...
Mahalo, Carey. Good to know that word is getting out. I contacted KAPA. I appreciate the suggestion.
Social media is one of the biggest venues for teens... perhaps if some of the readers here have teens/twentysomethings that can upload this info into their pages... also flyers in the teen areas around island..
Again, another good suggestion, Carey, and I think you are right. I will need to consult with her parents again on that as they are social media averse. Here are some more pictures of the missing girl: https://picasaweb.google.com/102731352487833395027/JasmineKeilani?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Where are the teen areas on island, I wonder?
How long has she been gone? Does she party or is this an abduction case?
There has been no suggestion that she was abducted at the time of her disappearance. Nothing is known about what may have occurred after she vanished. It is possible she is being harbored, as she left without certain essentials. She walked down Ali'i Drive and was not seen by her family again. She has been gone 5 days.
She very well may have been at the rave type party last night down the street behind the post office in Pahoa. I was hired to look out for the interests of the owner of the property. There were about 200 kids there very stoned and well behaved. I might add you folks in Puna raise some pretty good kids. I think most of them will end up going to a few burning man festivals though. Looking at the picture I can't be sure but I did see a few girls with a strong resemblance to her. I'm pretty sure if she is on the B.I. and party's like the description suggests tye dye etc she would have been at this party. She may well have stayed there as camping was encouraged and there were many tents set up .She would most likely still be in Pahoa as the party was still going on as I left around 230 am. Keep an eye out for her if you are around town today.
Fishen, next time there is a rave let me know, I would love to DJ raves again ! lol