Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Acres Meeting Sunday July 20. 2:00PM
May i appeal to all Hawaiian acres residents, paid members or not, to attend this meeting if at all possible. May i also appeal to those that are not paid members to do so. If it is at all possible to come up with $30 by sunday, please, please exercise your right to vote. If nothing else if will give us all a chance to say hello in person Smile

PS. For the sake of accuracy and because i may have contributed to the supposition;
2bad4u and justthefacts are not the same person.

#10048;
#10048;
Campaining ? Hopefully readers will check the conversation taking place on Facebook/acreheads for enlightenment.
i am not campaigning for HACA per se, i am campaigning for people to vote. unfortunately in order to vote you have to pay the $30. Other than the right for residents to have a voice, i am not campaigning at all.

#10048;
#10048;
I was sure you spoke about wanting the treasurers seat and are involved with the group who wants to oust the standing HACA board members.
So what if she's also campaigning. A "get out the vote" effort is perfectly legitimate for a candidate.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Please explain in English.
Not much point IMHO.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by 2bad4u

I was sure you spoke about wanting the treasurers seat and are involved with the group who wants to oust the standing HACA board members.

The group you are speaking of does not want to necessarily oust the current board. The group wants fiscal accountability through an audit, oh and maybe a viable membership list...
ok, lets take this one thing at a time.
1) NO i do not WANT to be treasurer! i have volunteered if there are NO other candidates, just to ensure the association can continue running and because i believe i can do this job with little time and emotion, in an accurate transparent fashion.
2) Unless you vote, nobody can change anything. i am not campaigning for the board to be 'ousted'. Personally i do not think that statement is even realistic. However i am campaigning to be heard, which is your point i think memosa. All lot owner should have the right to elect. all residents should have the right to vote. fees are voluntary. this means that the 'belonging' should be automatic, otherwise it is not 'voluntary'?
3) please turn up on sunday.

#10048;
#10048;
Fees are voluntary in my neighborhood. Residents must show a tax receipt of some kind to vote, to show they own property; but they are not required to pay voluntary dues to vote.

I don't think requiring payment of a "voluntary" fee to vote is legal.
When a person is a member of a club,one must pay a fee to the club.
When an actual lot owner is part of a community - and fee's are voluntary in order to vote this does seem illegal to us.
We choose not to be part of their club.
Or clubhouse.