Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aerosmith cancels Maui show!
I was watching with keen interest the development of the Aerosmith concert on Maui, not bescause I wanted to attend, but because I use to live there on Maui. I was living there the last time this band set foot on the Valley Isle. As a matter of fact, I was the same bar in the mid 70's when both the front men of Aerosmith, Steven Tyler & Joe Perry got the living "Dog poop" kicked out of them for disrespecting the good people of Lahaina. They also promised never to return to Hawaii ever again after that!

I wonder if poor ticket sales was the reason to cancel the show, or was it a possible flashback by one of those two of their ass wooping at the Maui Belle?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I heard they were protesting the blocking of the super ferry. They have a 50% interest in the company that is starting up the ferry.

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=7108387

quote:
I heard they were protesting the blocking of the super ferry. They have a 50% interest in the company that is starting up the ferry.

nah, nothing like that. They heard there was to many pro Bush backers around, and not enough tree huggers..

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Thanks Malolo,

As usual good post.

But I'm still struggling with the "three trips to China" Where? Why? I guess it was all good are you wouldn't have gone back for 2 & 3.

As for Aerosmith, I'm wondering how big the venue was to be sold out. I dunno maybe they still sell out large venues.

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

"Why?" Well Dave, I had this strange premonition that the Rolling Stones were gonna end up cancelling their Honolulu-concert last year, so I went to the one in Shanghai instead.

Nah nah nah nah nah.
That was a lie. (Wish it was so!)
Actually I wanted avoid the big-box middle-man and get my goods from the source! Ha!

I'm sorry. A case of the rainy-day Sillies, I'm afraid. Truth of the matter? I went mainly out of curiosity (...and to travel the Yangtze prior to the completion of the Three Gorges Dam).

'Twas wonderful. The stunning scenery, the gracious people, the dazzling past, and the present too. Did the obligatory tourist-stuff in Xi'an, Beijing, and elsewhere, but did plenty of hiking and biking and roughing it, too.

Second time was kinda the tail end of a (wondrous!) train journey from St Petersburg to Beijing...with plenty of detours along the way.

And this past summer I went as far as Lhasa....which as you might imagine was amazing in the extreme.

I've kinda got this thing for people, period, and the spectacular corners of the planet they inhabit. We're taught to be distrustful, and we're taught to dread the worst...but the worst so seldom happens; the world is full of good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - malolo on 09/22/2007 11:07:00
Yeah.. I was kinda picturing Bejing and Hong Kong. Seeing the Yangze(sp) before it was detroyed would have been cool. Well.. I know it's still there but.. I bet that was a pretty cool adventure.

Malolo, as Americans we're taught to stay in the "box". Don't think outside of it and dam sure don't go outside of it.

When we travel and at home we're suppose to worry ourselves with the latest in luxuries and little gadgets. We busy ourselves with material goods and walk right past reality and pricless memories.

Once while in S. America the girl I was travtling with was always feeling sorry for the people there. After being there for a while she realized that those people were happier than she was.

We try to put people in our box, or we only see them from our box. Like when you said China I thought Bejing or Hong Kong.

There's a cool world out there, off the beaten path, glad to see you're not afraid to go check it out.

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Yep. Dave. I agree.
And I agree with you too, AkoniV!

And Beachboy? Sorry for the hi-jacking. I'm guessing that now might be the perfect time to bring this thread full circle, and maybe cue up some karma-croonin' from the boys themselves:

"Every time I look in the mirror
all these lines on my face getting clearer.
The past is gone.
It goes by, like dusk to dawn.
Isn't that the way.
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay.

Yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes.
I know it's everybody's sin.
You got to lose to know how to win.

Half my life
is in books' written pages.
Lived and learned from fools and from sages.
You know it's true.
All the things come back to you.

Sing with me, sing for the year.
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears.
Sing with me, if it's just for today.
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away.

Dream on, dream on.
Dream yourself a dream come true.
Dream on, dream on.
Dream until your dream come true.
Dream on, dream on, dream on..."

---Dream On, Steven Tyler, Aerosmith, 1973

~~~~~~~~

Edited by - malolo on 09/22/2007 16:25:40
We love Aerosmith. I was planting little bugs in Tony's ear about going (to no avail luckily, I guess). They have been clean and sober a long, long time and back in those days were drug induced for sure.

A little off subject...this weekend "The Song Remains The Same" played a couple of times on TV...God, I was into Zeppelin. I feel old. LOL!

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
Just wanted to ask, with all the diversity in musical tastes, do you all bring tunes to Punaweb parties? Would be a great addition all those oldies, moldies and goodies! LOL, I could even donate quite a many!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA