Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primary Election
Please remember to vote, vote, vote!

Where will you be on election night?

Will you watch the results coming in hour by hour?

Will you gather with your friends and discuss each race you care about?

What will you eat? Pupus list, please. [Smile]

As we face this election (sigh, yes, another one), let us wish each candidate the best, may they all realize the charge at hand, and hang onto your hats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg4I8l2Wfx0

Seriously, the candidates want to be our voice. We tell them what we want. Facts, combined with public opinion, less the fodder, the greater good must be served. No matter who gets elected, we must voice our opinions to effect positive change.

Those elected must be open to discussion, no matter how difficult, to deserve the position they hold.

E kala mai for pontificating again. Just over all this political crap. LOL. Have a good evening all.

JMO.
Nobody mentioning it looks like Abercrombie is going down in flames. His poll numbers are dropping like a rock a week before the primary election. Abercrombie has fixed a lot of the damage Lingle left but he has failed to address many areas like the energy issue and he almost seems afraid of the Pahoa 300. At least, Abercrombie is somewhat familiar with Puna, it's probably a given that Ige will only know it as "the wild west". What little political influence Puna did have, is set to go into a big decline.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
@pohoated...What little political influence Puna did have, is set to go into a big decline.

decline from what "LOW" level? da bottom is exactly that...bottom
My wife and I voted absentee. It's our second election and it was the most interesting collection of candidates we have ever encountered. Oahu was so boring in comparison. Neil Abercrombie is a Puna supporter? Any evidence whatsoever? I'll take my chances with David Ige.

Sadly Puna has provided a steady parade of dolts, loonies, zealots and clowns. I cannot believe Puna is taken seriously and it is because of who we vote to represent us.
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

@pohoated...What little political influence Puna did have, is set to go into a big decline.

Hey dont write Puna off that easily. As long as we got Big Bertha... you know Tutu Pele... on our side there's always gonna be some big studly kine guy.. you know Richard Ha.. big brother Neil.. oh my I get light headed just thinking about them! that like come over here and ride that geothermal ride! Oh mama! So no matter what they still gonna let our whacked out purple haired political cartoon want-to-be art critic do it's thing.. go baby go! So no worry we got it covered brah

And hey who knows Joy might just win and then we'd have a real person.. and an educated one at that! representing us.. so there!
quote:
Originally posted by dakine

quote:
Originally posted by Frank

Hey dont write Puna off that easily. As long as we got Big Bertha... you know Tutu Pele... on our side there's always gonna be some big studly kine guy.. you know Richard Ha.. big brother Neil.. oh my I get light headed just thinking about them! that like come over here and ride that geothermal ride! Oh mama! So no matter what they still gonna let our whacked out purple haired political cartoon want-to-be art critic do it's thing.. go baby go! So no worry we got it covered brah

And hey who knows Joy might just win and then we'd have a real person.. and an educated one at that! representing us.. so there!

(Bold by Me) [Sad!] How downright insulting, dakine.

That comment is as bad as the jerks who claim to want to protect "our girl, Paylay". [Sad!]

JMFO.
hey no insult intended.. other than to those I am speaking of.. the 'cowboys' who see the whole affair as if they were at a rodeo.. which is how I have seen the the efforts to develop geothermal all along.. big guys.. bulls in china shops big.. who are insensitive to everything.. as I painted it.. and am sorry it in turn offended

I am sorry.. extremely.. that you see it that way.
quote:

hey no insult intended.. other than to those I am speaking of.. the 'cowboys' who see the whole affair as if they were at a rodeo.. which is how I have seen the the efforts to develop geothermal all along.. big guys.. bulls in china shops big.. who are insensitive to everything.. as I painted it.. and am sorry it in turn offended

I am sorry.. extremely.. that you see it that way.

Crappy apology, if that's what your comment is. You're sorry I see it that way? Please.

My issue is with you calling Tutu Pele "Big Bertha". Period.

Done for the day, five posts limit reached. Enjoy the day all.

JMO.

ETA: Back to topic, there seems to be an issue with the absentee ballots being counted (or not). Hopefully, more facts will come out in the coming days on this. Rumors only at this point, so no link to verify. Thus, JMO.
quote:
Hey dont write Puna off that easily. As long as we got Big Bertha... you know Tutu Pele...

That boat has sailed and any chance for Puna to benefit has been frittered away. The only effect from Tutu Pele is crossing Hwy 130 and cutting off south Puna in a few years. The East Rift Zone is diminishing in importance as a geothermal power area.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Opihikao, just a point of order:

"Done for the day, five posts limit reached. Enjoy the day all."

Rob's rule is 5 posts a day average, it's not a total of 5 posts each day. I would hate to see you limit your intelligent and vastly knowledgeable contributions to Punaweb based on a misunderstanding of the rules, unless of course it is a limit you have set for yourself. You are nowhere near the limit of 5 posts a day average.