Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
take down the tarps?
trying to decide if I should take down my carport tarps. I have a 10x20 and a 20x40 the bigger one is gonna be a pain to do. I know almost everyone has a tarp car port of some sort. I see they have taken down the tarps at makuu market already. your thoughts?
Maybe if you just roll back the tarp and secure to poles, no need take the whole thing down? As long as poles secured to the ground should be ok, right? Good luck!
that is a good option. feeling conflicted over taking them down as i am sure we will get a ton of rain and that is why i have them, but don't want to lose them either!
I'm gonna take down the tarps, but leave the poles up
Last year during the gusts of Flossie2, our neighbors tarp picked up, flipped over their 6' fence, piercing the tarp a few times, then started rolling up to the Hongwanji mission....

Though he had it anchored with 5 gal pails & milk jugs, they had uv'ed over the years & the uplift of the wind on the tarp had them all fracture, there were still bits of jugs attached... luckily some of us were out & helped wrestle the bugger back to his yard without damaging the framework, but the rips in the tarp were bad enough to necessitate replacing the tarp...

I have seen some just release the tarp from the sides (on a gable type roof) and tie up the tarp gathered together, but hanging from the top pole... no matter, if you leave the poles or tarp & poles, make sure it is all well tie down, so that the wind CANNOT lift it... and the integrity of the tie downs is solid....no uv-ing!
We have a tarp over our garden. It is now down and folded. Luckily I harvested my last tomatoes a day or so ago. We have a feeble looking electrical line to the house and I pruned back any branches that might impact it. Meanwhile we are going to Pohoiki to see what we can see (and hopefully ride) before the big winds make driving under albizias a foolish decision. Good luck everyone.
The roof of my aviary is a tarp, so I'm still deciding what to do. I think the parrots will likely spend Thursday night in the lanai in crates.

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Are they getting restless from the storm approaching?

Community begins with Aloha
All my animals seem pretty happy right now. The parrots are eating breakfast, the goats are playing. Smile

Dayna

http://www.FarmingAloha.com
www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
decided to take the tarps down and leave up the poles so now we won't get any strong winds[Smile]