Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Guard in unmarked SUV?
Saw on Facebook that a guy in an unmarked SUV claims to be National Guard. Seems fishy. Has anyone heard about NG using unmarked vehicles or plain clothes ? I told the poster to call and ask / report it to HPD, but figure a lot Punawebbers have interacted with NG these last few days and might b able to confirm. Gut tells me no.

Edited because I can't spell Smile
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
PGV has men in black big suv's - gee what are they thinking?
National Guard members should be in uniform if they are acting as National Guard.

life is short. enjoy it
life is short. enjoy it
The Friday after the storm, while senior citizens and 12 year olds were running chainsaws in HPP and Beaches, really all over Puna, there was a flood of uniformed guardsmen in Pahoa in spotless pressed uniforms, eating in the restaurants while people with no power or water were being turned away. I do not understand how their officers could have allowed them to use the limited resources available to the community, and why they were not where they were desperately needed. It really shocked me to see all these guardsmen in uniform eating in Kaleos and then we were turned away. I was hot, tired and very hungry, and seeing that was very disappointing.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I heard a civil defense bulletin on the radio that specified that National Guardsmen will be in uniform and in NG marked vehicles.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
They are also driving around in various trucks, all of which have US Government license plates. Most of those I have seen are Checy trucks.