Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know where I can buy "Milestone"?
Aloha, I'm coming to the BI in October to try to get a handle on the albizias on our lot in HPP. Anyone know a place locally that I can purchase Milestone? Mahalo!
Daniel Hanmer
Garden Exchange down town. About 110 bucks a quart. You can get it on Amazon too but works out to about the same price..

Awesome. Thanks Royall! I'm just glad my trees didn't do any damage...gotta get those monsters under control.
Daniel Hanmer
I posted this earlier... don't know if you seen it or not. Feel the more people that see it may mean less Albizias in the furture

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/albizia-...38#!bAxFD7

Was $125 at Garden Exchange when I bought it this week. The co-op is also said to carry it.
Anyone used "Cross Bow"? It's supposed to be less expensive than Milestone and as effective?
Daniel Hanmer
We found Cross Bow to be hit-and-miss. It's ok for small trees you have cut down, but for Albesias, milestone was very easy. On the largest tree we treated (about 8' diameter) we drilled eight 1/4" holes around the trunk, injected 1 cc in each hole and in less than a month the tree was defoliated. For smaller trees, one hole and 1 cc did the trick. How many trees are you talking about? We can certainly share some of our Milestone.
By the way, we bought Milestone at CPS (Crop Production Services) last year for about $90. They're on Leilani just past the HFN station.
Amazon sells it.
Not sure how many trees, rbon, which is one reason for the trip in October... I don't think any are massive but I just won't know until I get there.
Daniel Hanmer