Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanawale update - outage updates?
Aloha,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates for when power may be restored in Nanawale. We are located in the very back of the sub so we do anticipate it being a while yet.

I hear or rather HELCO posted they are now working on the main lines into the subdivsion. Does anyone have any power yet maybe even in the front part.

Please post if and when you hear of it coming closer or when your comes on as then I can kind of guess and atleast get some hope that it is coming closer.

Much Mahalo,
Bump. Sounds like a good idea.
Here's the HELCO site where they post daily updates on the situation...

http://www.hawaiielectriclight.com/helco...-August-17
yes I have been reading the HELOC update daily ... they really do not get specific enough. The HPP thread here on Punaweb people have been letting each other know by street names which is very nice. Would be kind of nice to have that on this post so people could estimate how much longer until it reaches them. For me for instance I am at the very back of subdivison.
Drove over to a friend's yesterday there. Nanawale didn't seem to have a lot of activity with Helco going on, but Hawaiian Beaches/Shores lower end had dozens of trucks operating all over the place. Some sporadic activity in Leilani Sunday, on Kahakai, which seems to be about the only place left in that subdivision without power.

The T-Mobile tower in Nanawale seems to be up/down quite frequently. Not sure if that is power related or issues with their backhaul feed from telcom.
They can't do much for Nanawale until they deal with the main lines that bring power to the subdivision, plus I was told there is a vital piece of equipment on a barge between Oakland and here (coconut wireless so take it with a grain of salt).

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Mahalo Carol for the upate appreciate it.

I believe most if not all of Hawaiian beaches, shores and rec are all with power now.
Bumping this if anyone hears of any movement in Nanawale for electric progress.
HELCO has their information group set up at the Leilani Estates pavilion today. They seem prepared to answer questions for specific locations.

Jay
Jay
Im not on island at the moment to go to Leilani estates to ask. We will be back on island in about 6 weeks. I just thougt a thread like HPP has where people that lived in the sub posted- the activity in the subdivsion when power came back on by streets.

Our home is located in the very back so if I heard OK power at X street then I would know it was getting closer.