Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internet
Is anyone else with exceed satellite having problem keeping a signal? We started having problem before the storm and just come and goes. Before this has always been good.

jrw
jrw
Check the signal strength. Your dish probably got moved, just a little bit. 1 degree off in any direction is a long way off when you are talking to a satellite that is 23,000 miles away.
we had a lot of problems with the signal going in and out prior to the storm. haven't had power to check it out now. we did adjust where our wifi router was placed, just a few days prior to the storm, and that seemed to help a lot. if you have a wifi signal, i would check to see where you have it placed and make sure there aren't any other electronics/speakers/etc around.

also, once we are able to check, if the signal hasn't gotten even better now that the thicket of albizias which also blocked our signal has been reduced to toothpicks, we are going to check the dish, as per leilanidude's suggestion.

Cheers
-Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov
Thanks for the replys the dish in in the right place is what exceed says they say it is a weather issue like to hear from other exceed user if its the same with them .How do you check signal from sat with out there little box they will not send anybody to check because thy say it a weather issue. It is getting old without internet half the time.

jrw
jrw
jrw -
Not sure about Exceed, but when I had Dish Network there was a satellite signal strength option on their menu. It would show you the signal strength, as well as emit a beeping sound. It's a little tricky, but if you have someone at your TV, and you're out at your dish, they can relay signal increases or decreases as you carefully make VERY SMALL adjustments.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
once we have power again we will let you know how the signal is. if we have to call exede i'll let you know how that goes as well, jrw.

Cheers
-Allison

- Isaac Asimov
Rediefinehappy here I am crying about not having internet and you step in help me and you not having any power for 2 weeks. Thanks. I hope you have power soon. I will waiting to here from you when you do.

jrw
jrw
jrw, no worries at all - wr are all in the same boat. Smile

internet back up and running for two days. only lost connection once for about five minutes during a super windy gust.
internet better than it has been for the 9 months previous. lots of trees down our area, so most likely is the reason for
both better exede internet and also better at&t cell service.

i feel like your satellite might be out of whack due to the storm. let me know how it goes!

Cheers
-Allison

- Isaac Asimov
Execde finally said a tech can came out and look at system but going to cost me$45. I guess that in the contract they wanted $95 at first when I balk at that they drop it to $45. I hate to pay it but no choice unless I want to change to someone else. This was so good for 2 years I hate to change .

jrw
jrw
Can anyone tell me how far out on Lehua St. in Fern Acres subdivision that Time Warner goes? I had called the office and all I was told is that it did not reach out that far. Just curious if it is anywhere close.

Mahalo!

Best wishes
Best wishes