Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Pono Alliance Assault?
General definition of assault:

1. Intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. No intent to cause physical injury needs to exist, and no physical injury needs to result.

2. With the intent to cause physical injury, making another person reasonably apprehend an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Essentially, an attempted battery. So defined in the criminal statutes of some states.

Below is the link to the meeting held on August 30th 2014

http://www.hawaii247.com/2014/08/30/geot...ng-thrown/

I thought I'd ask you all here on the Punatalk,do you see what I see?
Lets talk. Here is the law.

Haw. Rev. Stat. § 707-712
(1) A person commits the offense of assault in the third degree if the person:
(a) Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another person; or
(b) Negligently causes bodily injury to another person with a dangerous instrument.
(2) Assault in the third degree is a misdemeanor unless committed in a fight or scuffle entered into by mutual consent, in which case it is a petty misdemeanor. [L 1972, c 9, pt of §1; gen ch 1993]

Assault in the third degree, as defined in §707-712, is treated as a misdemeanor. In subsection (1)(a), where a person acts intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, the less serious nature of the injury, together with the absence of aggravating circumstances, warrant the less severe penalty.

So who assaulted who[?]

Also one need to look at the state of mind.
HRS §702-206 State of mind. http://statutes.laws.com/hawaii/volume-1...2-0206-htm

Did anyone notice how the District 4 Council member Gregor Ilagan acted in this drama? Very wise. Very cool[8D]

Seriously. Utterly hilarious and heartbreaking all in one. Pray for Puna (tics). Please.
Absolutely hilarious, but am also glad he didn't have a gun. Instead, he rode off into the sunset on his bicycle.
He wanted a "helicopter evacuation" ?
During a near hurricane? Was he serious?
Would have been more dangerous than standing next to the steam release.

These people have hyped up their own lies so much and so often that they have begun believing them, and have actually crossed the line into creating their own psychosomatic illnesses.
Good eye there RJ! After careful re-examination of the video, I clearly saw Steve assaulting someone by slamming his face into the crazy guy's fist. It was very similar to the last violent Puna Pono event when that table attacked you while you innocently held Tiffany's paper.

It is very difficult to be nuts in this town and I sympathize with you.
such a shame. i have been at 2 meetings and now watched a third where some looney goes off. it is a shame you cant attend a public meeting in puna without the threat of violence. no wonder puna doesnt get services, this just perpetuates the notion that the land is full of drug-crazed people who cant go an hour without feeding their habits and acting like civilized humans. i hope that the official did press charges, so the rest of us can get needed info from the county.
Never take anything at face value.
Who is this guy? Who are his friends?
Why did he do what he did? Just an upset individual response?
What interests were served by this "outburst"?
Just some questions that should be answered before conclusions are reached.
Maybe I'm missing something, but if you need to evacuate an area quickly, wouldn't it be faster to jump in your car, hitchhike, or as the guest yeller in the video proved, hop on your bicycle for a quick getaway?

By the time you call Hilo for a chopper and the pilots suit up, the chopper is checked, then fly down to Puna, a good 1/2 hour or more has already passed. And then, where's the Puna Helicopter Landing Pad? Down at the Intersteller Multi-use Landing Facility near Uncle Roberts?

If there is ever a meeting held about helicopter flyover noise, I bet this guy shows up to complain about choppers.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If you want to accomplish absolutely nothing - Have a meeting in Puna
So proud to be from Puna... (eyes misting)