Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
friends truck stolen yesterday!
He was enjoying a wonderful day hiking along the ocean to shipman beach and back. When he returned to the area he had to park to enjoy this hike, his truck was gone.
His truck is a green Toyota Tacoma and it was stolen at the bottom of paradise park in broad daylight. Chance of this truck being found by the police is not encouraging but with your help just may be the difference my friend needs. Please be safe and informed when in the paradise park subdivision.
Holy cow gypsy I know that truck. I'll keep my eyes open,hope he had insurance. Somewhere in Puna must be a chop shop.
License plate number, specific Tacoma style, and shade of green would be helpful. Hopefully, your friend's truck will be recovered.
quote:
Please be safe and informed when in the paradise park subdivision.

Tacomas are targets anywhere on the island. Any other specifics i.e. modifications, dent in door or fenders to assist in identifying the Tacoma along with Chunkster's inquiry would be helpful.

Brian

Pet Sitting and Home Care Services
http://www.Pueo.biz
pueobiz@gmail.com
SOrry to hear that. Sucks big time. If you want, have him call or email me, I will do my best to make sure we can give them best price on a new one.
I was down there the other day.
When I arrived I noticed an older truck parked outside the gate.
When I got out of my van and hit the key lock and alarm system, the guys in the pickup heard the "beep" and took off.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks for the responses thus far. His truck was very hard to open on the drivers side, had tinted windows, and was peeling or missing most of the paint on the roof and hood of his Forest green 4-wheel drive Toyota Tacoma. Wish I had more, when I do I will update.
Could the truck have been towed away and impounded ?

The hiking trail was closed because of hurricane damage .

http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dofaw/announcements/nr14-101f/
The trail is officially closed but the parking area is open. I've parked there many times since the storm. A couple of weeks ago it was packed with cars & trucks. Hikers still take the ocean route to get to the beach.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Bad news! I have a red Tacoma pickup, and have parked it there and hiked to Shipman Beach also. It's been a while back though. There was a time not long ago when people were stealing the tailgates off of Toyota pickups.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP