Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For You Super Ferry Supporters....
The following link is provided for those who wish to sign a petition in support of the Super Ferry:

http://www.hawaiisuperferryfriends.com/main/petition

These petitions may be taken into consideration by several legislators as they decide whether or not to hold a special session.

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Nueman
"Vote with your money!"
Thanks for the site, I for one, am a fan of the superferry and wish it would sail. I have plenty of supporters that I am going to pass this site on too. Thanks

Thanks wjbillock, I'll pass the petition along to my family and friends. I have been looking for a way to show my support for Hawaii Super Ferry. Keep us posted if you hear of anything else we can do in support of it.

Here's another website!

http://www.hawaiisuperferry.com/about-us...ferry.html

Whether people out there are for or against this project, kindly remember this....
There are two sides to every arguement and the truth always lies somewhere in between!

"Vote with your money!"
Depending when you signed the petition, you also should have received the legislator email list, and just today- asking for your participation in a poll being conducted by media.

Every email I have received in response from the individual legislators has been very positive.

Greg H.

can you guys tell why you feel Hawaii needs this vessel, and didn't that first week of operations give you all an insight as to what's gonna happen to our beautiful islands?

Edited by - Beachboy on 10/16/2007 20:26:44
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
can you guys tell why you feel Hawaii needs this vessel, and didn't that first week of operations give you an insight as to what's gonna to our beautiful islands, or have you forgotten already?

Aloha Beachboy -

It’s apparent that you are against the Super Ferry. I respect your opinion; and I know that there are many out there like you.

This thread, however, is designed for those who support the Super Ferry. If you would like to bring forward an Anti-SuperFerry string, please be my guest.

Try “Superferry foes gathering to fight special session” or maybe “Superferry, is it good or bad for Hawaii?”

Based on the latest Star Bulletin Poll, at this very minute, 79.57% are in favor that the Super Ferry should be saved.

This supports the reasoning behind the special session because the few (people who are protesting) are trying to control the many (the Super Ferry Supporters).

Our government is trying to represent the majority public opinion. Isn’t that what democracy is all about?

I ask you to please respect this string and post Anti-Super Ferry messages elsewhere.

Edited by - wjbillock on 10/16/2007 18:42:37

Edited by - wjbillock on 10/16/2007 18:43:19
"Vote with your money!"
Nope. We have a representative Democracy which is the opposite of a Democracy based on the will of a majority. The Evil that is to be avoided through the use of Representative Democracy was called by James Madison "the Tyranny of the Majority" in which the rights of the individual are trample on by the mob. [Federalist Paper No. 10].

American Idol would be a good example of a Direct Democracy. The day every citizen votes by text messaging on every bill before congress is the day I take a five years supply of beef jerky in a knapsack, jump down a lava tube and disappear for good. We really don't want a "Majority Rules" democracy.

I am all for the Superferry if it goes from Hilo to Honolulu, and if all the tires of the cars are washed down with citric acid before they are boarded.

But sincerely, I do hope something can be worked out. I think the price of the Superferry should be a concerted and sincere effort by the State of Hawai'i to mitigate the damage done by invasive species. And I'm not talkin' about a display at the airport.

Today on www.hawaiireporter.com , there was an article concerning the testimony given in a Maui Court from the director of the "Pacific Whale Foundation".

The director opposed the Superferry, but interestingly left out the story concerning one of their own whale watching boats.

The propeller driven tour boat ran into a mother and her calf, severely injuring the calf.This incident happened in 2006.

While speed may concern some regarding The Superferry, speeds can be adjusted appropriately.

But it seems unfortunate , for all involved, that the "Pacific Whale Foundation" director chose not to explain the much greater importance of the Superferry being a much safer jet propulsion vessel, as opposed to the "Pacific Whale Foundation" propeller driven boats.

quote:
quote:
can you guys tell why you feel Hawaii needs this vessel, and didn't that first week of operations give you an insight as to what's gonna to our beautiful islands, or have you forgotten already?

Aloha Beachboy -

It’s apparent that you are against the Super Ferry. I respect your opinion; and I know that there are many out there like you.

This thread, however, is designed for those who support the Super Ferry. If you would like to bring forward an Anti-SuperFerry string, please be my guest.

Try “Superferry foes gathering to fight special session” or maybe “Superferry, is it good or bad for Hawaii?”

Based on the latest Star Bulletin Poll, at this very minute, 79.57% are in favor that the Super Ferry should be saved.

This supports the reasoning behind the special session because the few (people who are protesting) are trying to control the many (the Super Ferry Supporters).

Our government is trying to represent the majority public opinion. Isn’t that what democracy is all about?

I ask you to please respect this string and post Anti-Super Ferry messages elsewhere.

Edited by - wjbillock on 10/16/2007 18:42:37

Edited by - wjbillock on 10/16/2007 18:43:19

Do you feel like I'm ragging on you ,or something? Read my post again. I'm only asking why you feel the need for this vessel here in Hawaii,and what would you use it for?

Let me ask you too. How many hours a week do you spend in the ocean, or even the shoreline? More importantly, how many years have you lived here in the islands?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!