Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Feeling on people shopping-dining Pahoa?
I know there was an old topic but it has been inactive for a while.
What if any restaurants are still open this weekend or through whenever lava cuts off Village Road?

People can go on the Kalapana Road and come around from the high school even then, right?

What is the sentiment of the public, merchants, CD about residents and tourists still coming, but not trying to lookyloo the lava flow?

I'd like to take another look and pay my respects and so would lots of others, but if traffic will jam things up ...

Kathy
The way I see it... If 130 / village road get's cut off, then the only way to eat at the restaurants will be railroad and beach. But of course, if 130, is not cut off from the lava drive up to the stop light and come around the highschool side. Might go get pizza from boogiewoogie ... haven't had it in awhile and who knows might be the last time.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
As busy lately as I've seen it at Kaleo`s in my 3 months there. Lots of tourists asking lots of lava questions. Guess they all decide to go out to eat when they realize they can't see anything lava related. I truly believe Leslie will find a way to stay open in any scenarios imaginable with the possible exception of the lava flowing in the front door.
Everyone left on this side of the flow will still be going to those restaurants. I can't feature many who would drive all the way to Hilo through Chain of Craters just to eat.
No maybe not "just" to eat but tourist etc may drive around "Chain of craters" just to see the "land that time forgot" and the little town that once was and to use the thermal ponds, tide pools etc.
Thanks for the info.[Smile]

To be clear, this is a right now and next week question. Not asking about after it crosses 130 at this time. My intent was to get a read on how hectic things are or will be and whether the Village historic area is open as usual.

Ning's is closed at the moment, right?

I personally am interested in lunch more than dinner. Trying to avoid night driving or I'd be all over Paolo's ... ate at Kaleo's and Luquin's recently, not interested in pizza.

Kathy
Oh sure, we went to town yesterday for lunch and were going to Kaleo's but it was packed, so went to Luquin's, they were jammed too.
Thanks! Is there an off rush hour? [:p]

Kathy
Was in Pahoa Village 2x today. All afternoon, Kaleo's and Luquin's were extremely busy. Parking lots full.
Didn't drive past Blockrorck, so not sure about them.
I so appreciate having an eye on the ground. [Smile]

Well, I might go Tuesday if the air is not too bad by then.

Kathy