Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
non-fee P.O. Box?
So will the Post Office have to give you a non-fee P.O. box when they can't deliver mail on a county road to your home address? Not like I want a one. I'd rather have them deliver to my house obviously.

Anyone know?

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
They are required to.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
They give me one for that reason, but I am on a road where other people do get delivery, so it's not exactly the same. Once a year they do a recertification; other than that it is painless. Stop in the PO and ask.

I would also prefer to get home delivery, but not an option!

Kathy
they are required, but there's probably a waiting list. Took me 18 months, and I think I only got it because I kept asking. You can get general delivery until your box becomes available.

Banks really don't like general delivery, so we paid for a box (I think about $35 a year) in Hilo with only a few weeks waitlist.

That also gave the same address while we rented all over the place to figure out where to buy.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >(>
Banks really don't like general delivery

...yet the IRS has no problems with it...
For a general PO Box, sign up for pone online. They hold a few for online registrants. I was told there weren't any boxes available and the wait list was months, if not years, when I called the PO.

Went online, signed up, paid, took the receipt to the PO and got my box right away.

But that was before the current situation. YMMV.

Your options may be to get on a waiting list or be subjected to "general delivery".