Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
illegal trailers
I'm always seeing illegal trailers on the road.

I have a trailer myself and turned in the plates because I couldn't justify paying over 100 dollars a year for road tax when I only had it on the road a couple of times a year over the past 2 years.

I'm just wondering what the fine is if one gets pulled over with no tags?
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
One would have to actually be pulled over...

I have noticed the same thing as you. It goes right along with expired registration or safety, no insurance, no seat belts, kids not in car seats...
Right,but I have seen cars pulled over with expired safety. Especially with the old style safety stickers.
It was total by mistake when I bought new used car I thought they did a new safety check but they didn't it expired a month after I bought it. I drove for nearly 8 months with it expired and this was all over the island I was never was stopped. So I don't how close the police look for it.

jrw
jrw
I used to make my own stickers back in the day. One day a cop was in my driveway while my son filed a Police Report. The sharp eyed whipersnapper got a close look at it and exclaimed; "That's Fraudulent!"

Oops... I explained to him that it was only fraud when it was on the highway, and he left after giving me a little stink eye.

Needless to say, I only let my wife drive the car until I got it fixed fo real.
"Needless to say, I only let my wife drive the car until I got it fixed fo real.

Now that's the funniest post I've read in a good long time. Thanks snork!

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
And if you happen to be in the witness protection program (as I now suspect you are snorkle, since you were bold enough to make fake safety stickers), do you have your wife start the car in the morning while you hide under the kitchen table?
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Saw an late model SUV with Kingdom of Hawaii plates headed toward Kalapana the other day. Wonder if KofH requires safety inspections, and if so, where can I get one? I was so shocked the last inspection when they actually put my truck on the rack and told me the front end was worn out, that I went to a competitor during after work rush hour. It's hard times for jalopy drivers.

Un Mojado Sin Licencia
Un Mojado Sin Licencia
The new safety stickers are awesome because you can renew them yourself with a little rubbing alcohol and a magic marker...
Still nobody has told me how much the fine is. ? Has no one ever been stopped with an illegal trailer?