Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Dear punatic transitioned
For those of you who knew Connie Lain, she is now passed on. Some of you knew her as sittall, and she would come to some of the punaweb parties. Connie has finished her mission here and is out of pain now, brought on by bone cancer a little more than a month and a half ago. Connie was a dear friend and we have much thanks and appreciation for our relationship with her, as she has brought many of us together. I'm sure Connie will be missed. Blessings
So sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, and our thoughts and prayers to you, and her ohana at this time.

One day, we were told, we will meet again. May it be so, and until then, aloha oe, Connie Lain. Mahalo for being who you are.

A hui hou!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wP-4ZV8sv0

Aloha e, aloha e, aloha e.

JMO.
Sorry to hear that. Connie was one of the originals that attended the SCUBA Sunday get-togethers. Aloha Connie, Rest in Peace.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Oh my!!!!!!
So sorry to read this as I didn't know she was ill. Connie was one of the old timers and we remember pleasant visits. I will look on the painting she gave us for housewarming with a new fondness and remembrance.
RIP gentle soul. You will be missed.

David & Sophie

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
On November 1st, I had the honor to drive Connie and her Daughter Brook, to the Kona airport. It was a difficult 100 miles for me and I kept thinking of all the things she love in Puna and the fun road trips to Costco and the beaches to swim. While driving an old movie came to mind, The Last Detail, with Jack Nicholson. Connie was it great pain during the ride over and I tried to miss all the rough spots in the road. Even drove the speed limit this time as I kept hearing Connie's voice in my mind from road trips of the past... "Slow down!!" LOL. Brook was a real trooper and was able to take many weeks of leave from her job in the Bay area to take care of Connie in her own home as long as she could. I do hope Connie has one more plane ride, on which brings her back to here beloved Hawai'i, to rest forever in the place she loved so dear. Aloha Connie.

PS. Thanks Vince, for posting this thread. I tried last night but couldn't get the words to work.

Oh, no! I only met Connie once. But it was a memorable occasion for me. It was before I moved over. I attended a Kite Fly. The moon that night seemed bigger than I have ever seen it. It was low in the sky and there was a silver pathway to it on the ocean. The lights on the kites glimmered above. Connie was there and I very much enjoyed my conversation with her. She was sweet and gentle, with a small dose of sardonic. We hit it off immediately.

I wonder: when souls are freed do they sometimes walk that silver pathway? Or is the pathway itself just sweet souls aglitter on the water like lighted kites bobbing on the tradewinds in a sky shot with moonbeams? Aloha oe, Connie. That's the best I can do for now.

What a good friend to all of us. She was one of the original troupers that moved here the same time a bunch of us did.

She will be missed by our family and friends.
quote:
Originally posted by hppwatchdog

What a good friend to all of us. She was one of the original troupers that moved here the same time a bunch of us did.

Yes, there was a bunch of us that all moved here in 2004-05. We lost Pam Lamont just this year too due to a long battle with cancer and now Connie. Both were special people.

So very sorry to hear of Connie's passing. She was always a good friend and will be missed very much. No doubt that she was a very special person, as was Pam and also Kathy, Royall. I think of her often. Aloha, Connie.