Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescheduled Hwy 130 work
Just want to check I wasn't seeing things, but suspect I was. On the electronic billboard at Shower and Hwy 130 I thought I saw it say that late road work was rescheduled for Dec 5 and 6. I wanted to do a double-take but didn't see the message again before I passed the sign.

Dec 5 and 6 are a Friday and Saturday.

Did I really see this?
Maybe the county is getting tired of complaints about the traffic jams they are causing and decided to do work on a major thoroughfare during non peak traffic hours the way professionally run projects are done.

life is short. enjoy it
life is short. enjoy it
It was flashing that a couple days ago. The merge is just about finished, so this may be the final preparation for taking the cones away, finalizing the turnout lane marking.

"Mahalo nui Pele, 'ae noho ia moku 'aina" - kakahiaka oli
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I heard thru the coconut wireless that they're planning to put a traffic light at pohaku and shower drive with a forced left turn from the left lane onto shower. Just wonder how that will affect traffic. ?
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
they're planning to put a traffic light at pohaku and shower drive

Excellent -- this was one of County's prerequisites for any further development at Orchidland Drive...
Traffic signals on a major highway will only slow down the traffic even more and force it to "bunch up", which will not alleviate congestion at all. It will make it worse.
Not coconut wireless, it is in the Phase 2 plans, available through google. Phase 2 is the stretch of Hwy 130 from the shoulder work bridge to just past Makuu, all the intersections in between. Yes, there is another 2 year project for Hwy 130 after Phase 1 Shoulder Improvement is completed. The alternative to a roundabout to slow people down is put traffic lights every quarter mile.

"Mahalo nui Pele, 'ae noho ia moku 'aina" - kakahiaka oli
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Every quarter mile, perfect for the drag racers out there. Now that should speed up the flow.......[Big Grin]

rAyZ

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Just to be clear, the reason I started this thread was not to ask what work was planned, but to question the dates of the work. To my knowledge road work rarely happens late on a Friday here and never on a Saturday. I will be extremely happy if the dates are correct, but can't help thinking it's a mistake.

4antares gets it, but if that's the reason it has to be a first.
TomK-
I saw the flashing sign as well, with those dates.
Maybe, and I'm just guessing, they're about to work on the rest of the bridge located on the makai side of the road.
That's bound to take at least a few days, and will bottle up the road more than the paving that remains to be completed.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves