Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reported armed home invasion Volcano.
I have a newsfeed on Facebook that posts police reports last night it stated there was a call that 3 men entered a home with a machine gun in Volcano. Not the only home invasion as of late, but I find it very disturbing that these invasions happen so often.
What can be done, why should we live in fear here, how do we bring about change and where do we start? I've written the police chief and am in the process of writing to other local officials to ask these same questions.

Im not a member of the NRA however maybe a "Castle doctrine" should be introduced. For gods sake we can't even protect ourselves in these events here, and police are at this time not preventing much.
Edited to add apparently we have a castle doctrine however retreat and comply with demands if possible first is added to it?
I wish you could post some link.... otherwise this has the appearance of rumor... and rumors can tend to get out of control or grossly exaggerated.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Oops sorry Rob. It's East side big island watch on Facebook.
It was on the police scanner last night.

jrw
jrw
That's great but when people start talking about machine guns a scanner is not a reliable enough source to be more than a rumor.

Punaweb moderator
That was what the dispatcher told the police who where responding that the person who call 911 told them. True or not it was reported by the person their was a machine gun.

jrw
jrw
Well, as I say, let us not get carried away by unsubstantiated rumors... rumor being verbal stuff repeated beyond first hand. Just because someone repeats something someone says someone said doesn't make it meaningful.

Punaweb moderator
I heard the call... Why dont more people have a scanner...
Or at least listen to the online stream.

Its nice to know whats happening outside of your house in real time.

EDIT: But then I dont have T.V. either... so I use that as part of my entertainment.
Rob how would one substantiate what was called in on a police scanner? Does any local media outlet here follow up on the reported home invasions?
I doubt it was a machine gun, as they are highly regulated and almost impossible to get.

Just remember, the police are under no obligation to protect you.