Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pahoa Clinic Fund Raising
I am so sorry for this late posting, but there is an opportunity to help get The Puna Community Health Center get it's start-up money without having to go into your pockets; TOMORROW MORNING (10/27) at the Malama Market Place, we will be receiving donations of recyclable bottles and cans from 8-12 in the AM.
Thanks if you can.
Dan Domizio

That's a humble beginning for a worthwhile cause.

Our recyclables will be there in the morning Dan.

Aloha,

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Dan, do you guys have a recycle donation form with the ARC of Hilo (the guys who do the redemption at Keaau & Hilo & ??? transfer stations). It is easy to do, just fill out the form at the transfer station, & soon The Puna Community Health Center will be listed as one of the donation options at the redemption center. They send out checks to you & the can/bottle donors are issued a donation receipt for tax purposes.

I wonder if you could set up something in stores (Hilo & Puna) where you can add $1 to your purchase for the cause?

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
quote:
Dan, do you guys have a recycle donation form with the ARC of Hilo (the guys who do the redemption at Keaau & Hilo & ??? transfer stations). It is easy to do, just fill out the form at the transfer station, & soon The Puna Community Health Center will be listed as one of the donation options at the redemption center. They send out checks to you & the can/bottle donors are issued a donation receipt for tax purposes.

WOW! This a great idea, as soon our hanai son who did all the recycling for lunch money, is moving. Dan, can you let us know if you do this.
Is the clinic being set up as a non profit with grants, e.g from the Federal Government or privately funded?

Gordon

Whichever way it is set up, having community involvement with recycling is a great way to have everyone be part of this project.

At the present it is a private nonprofit.

I went down and donated cash and recyclables. I heard that other Punawebbers did too.

This is a good example of grass roots effort to bring very needed services to Puna.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
I have worked as a Dental Director in a non profit in CA and would be glad to donate time to help plan dental services if this is ever required in future. The clinic I worked in was set up in the 70s by "back to the landers" originally by private funds but became federally funded later due to running costs. Having private funding alone does allow more autonomy though.
I hope this is able to work out for Puna, as there is certainly need for services there.

Gordon

Dan,

Could you post an address to which donations could be sent?

I would encourage any and all interested Punawebers to contibute something, however humble an amount, to this clinic start up. There was a collection jar at the recyclable collection which contained quarters, dollars and $100 bills. This needs to continue.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator