Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country Catchment Cleaning Phone# disconnected
It is time to have the catchment cleaned. Does anyone have the new phone # for them or can suggest anyone else who does this service?

I have 982-5170, but, it's been disconnected.

Mahalo for help.

He retired, and his neighbor took over the business. Last year she cleaned out our tank a few weeks before she retired.

She said someone else might be planning to take over the business but have not heard anything more about that.

In the meantime I have noticed signs and/or business cards someone in HPP doing reasonable cost catchment cleaning. I think I saw ad in front of HPP hui, or maybe on the sign out by the mailboxes on Maku'u.
I've never had my catchment tank cleaned. I replaced the cover after Iselle ripped up the old one and was surprised at how clean it was inside.

What do the catchment tank cleaners do? I was thinking that the sediment on the bottom should be vacuumed out, but the sides etc were still all white and clean looking. How much does catchment tank cleaning normally cost? Would it make more sense to buy one of those vacuum things that pool cleaners use?

Thanks for your insights etc.
I believe Lynn sold the biz to Tim Reilly. She's officially retired. It's now Tim's Catchment Cleaning. He cleaned our tank recently and did a great job. Rates are still low. 808-443-4048.
We've vacuumed ours a couple of times, then had it professionally cleaned about a year ago. He scrubbed the sides (it looked a lot cleaner after), let it settle, then vacuumed. He was here all day (also installed a new cover), and I think the cleaning part was $70 or $80.

I noticed splotches of sediment when I changed the filter this morning, we'll probably vacuum it ourselves this time.

We use a pool vac hose and wand, and just set up a siphon to make it work. Good idea to do this in rainy weather and/or when your tank is pretty full.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >(>
Mahalo Nui Loa for the information and the new phone # Kiana. [Smile]