Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parcel Post Guru
Looking to find out how much it would cost to ship a 26# box with a hole saw in to the mainland.. I guess I could pack it up to the po and wait in line but I thought I would ask her first and save some gas! What I'm hoping is, there are some that have used PP enough them might be able figure it out for me. Like I mentioned, 26#, 5 1/2" high, 11 1/2" deep, and 19" long....

Thanks!

PS.. I did look on the USPS site.. I couldn't figure it out.

Large flat rate box. USPS Priority Mail. about 16-17 dollars anywhere in the United States.
quote:
Originally posted by wailani

Large flat rate box. USPS Priority Mail. about 16-17 dollars anywhere in the United States.

large flat rate box is too small. Thanks though!

Not including any additional insurance + Assuming shipping to CONUS, not other island.
69.85 USPS Priority ( December 22 )
44.40 USPS Parcel ( Jan 6th )

Can sign up for Online ( cheaper ) and drop or hand to Postal Person.

Need Zip code for UPS @ Fed Ex. check

aloha,
pog
You forgot the priority mail express rate of $151.95 with 2-day guarantee delivery. When they miss the delivery deadline because they are too busy with holiday packages you get a full refund, so shipping is free. (they do have a few shipping days where the guarantee is void, I think the 23-25 but you would have to double check that)

@ POG... Yeah, I seen that 44.40 price but I thought parcel post was cheaper than that.. bummer. This is just an old tool I was going to sell on eBay but the shipping is too much to make it worth a bidder on the mainland to buy.. Not when they are selling for about 80 bucks and free shipping in some cases.. Only other option would be to sell it without the metal carrying case, it would fit into a flat rate box then. Have to think about that... Thanks everybody for chiming in on this!

Merry Christmas!

PS. Yes, love buying postage online for less and not have to stand in line to send it! Been doing that since befor the USPS was doing it!

Could split the parcel up if economical. Metal box would be pretty cheap, I would imagine ( approx 2 lbs?) just label 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Guessing 17 dollars for the drill, flat rate, 5-10 bucks for the metal box, standard "freight".

Community begins with Aloha
quote:
Originally posted by Tink

Could split the parcel up if economical. Metal box would be pretty cheap, I would imagine ( approx 2 lbs?) just label 1 of 2 and 2 of 2. Guessing 17 dollars for the drill, flat rate, 5-10 bucks for the metal box, standard "freight".

Thanks Tink! I was thinking about that... and maybe even selling with out the box. With out the box it would fit into a large F/R box. I've even considered Craigs List. A little leery of selling there though..

Hi TC ... Nah, did not forget .. Not worth it and typically the person would not even ask if they HAD TO get it there, price would not matter.

Royal, I'll look up the others for ya. But do need zip code ... Its faster for me to look costs up than explain the two here.

aloha,
pog
UPS Examples:

East Coast 78.83 5 business days.
West Coast 65.97 2 business days.

FedEx typically a little cheaper but only a couple dollars and 7! business days to East Coast. So into a second week.

Rates are not linear between all these shippers with many "sweet spots" in between where UPS is FAR less than USPS for example.

aloha,
pog

P.S. For stuff coming to us HERE ... USPS Priority is always the way to go.