Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Fired employees lawsuit support group
tried to get a HPP Board thread going, but it has again been taken over by the Fired Employees and their supporters.
So might as well let them have this thread to justify why they are sue happy.
Lawsuit, Lawsuit, Lawsuit.

If you want info on the HPPOA board, dont go here. These folks dont even attend the board meetings.
Get involved. Attend meetings. Speak up. Volunteer for committees.

Upcoming HPP meetings:
Special BOD meeting
Tonight, 1/14 6:00 pm

Regular BOD meeting
Week from tonight, 1/21 6:00 pm

General membership meeting
Sunday, 2/22. 3:00 pm
Bravo Orchidlandguy...you must've read my thoughts exactly. Those who wish to discuss the lawsuit can go and do that on another thread...

I'd also like to suggest that we start with a different tone on this thread. No more trying to out anyone and taking personal jabs.

We'll experience differences in opinions, but that's ok as long as we behave in a civil manner and remain constructive in our debates.

Glad to see you back in the discussions of HPP Board. I see you're on the same page as I...once supportive of the new board and have observed them continuously breaking our bylaws and are disappointed.

Let's see how the new GM works out. Do we have a new GM? Let's see how these new board members pan out. The HRC members have all resigned and there's a new one forming or has already formed. I hope they are transparent and make an announcement at the next board mtg of who they are. Hopefully they'll follow the bylaws and have 1 board member and 2 lot owners. The President can't be on the HRC as a member, only as ex officio, per our bylaws. The timing of the VP/Interim GM's resignation from the HRC is interesting. We know Susan's been hired but what about the other ofc positions? Where are we w/that? Why is it taking so long?

I want this board to announce who WE are employing since we still don't know who's been running the road crew in the supv position for 6 mos, or how many and who's working on our roads. Did the road crew supv pass his probation period and is now permanently in that position? What road equipment have WE purchased?

We need to start insisting the board be transparent and discuss things at board mtgs, not in executive sessions. We still don't get the info even after executive sessions. They are still doing this and not all board members are in the loop with all HPP business. That needs to change too. Exec members do not have more entitlement than the other board members in making decisions, hiring and firing etc, are not entitled to hold information that should be shared with the other board members, or have meetings where only a select few are invited. There isn't a board w/in a board.

I've tried my best asking they do all of the above and I get nowhere, except maybe that all the HRC members happened to resign shortly after my email letter to the board, also CC'd to former board members and former committee members. More voices are more affective in causing change.

Welcome back Orchidlandguy. And thanks Rob for shutting down the other HPP-Board thread.
Is there really a BOD mtg tonight (1/14/2015)? I was told by a board member that it's an extension of the executive session tonight since they didn't finish their exec session business last time..so no board mtg tonight???
I think you are correct about to tonight's meeting.
I looked on the HPPOA website and tonight's meeting is listed, but seems as though it adjourns to an executive session right away.
I guess the BOD meeting a week from tonight will be the regular scheduled meeting.

I am hoping the new BOD members will be familiar with the bylaws by next week and we will be able to have an orderly meeting that goes by Roberts Rules and our bylaws.
Just to clarify...our bylaws supersedes Robert's Rules. Incase of absence or clarity of our bylaws, does the board refer to RR.

By laws are the rules the organization must follow.

Robert's rules are a way of running a membership meeting.

They are two different animals. But following RR's makes it easier to successfully follow the by-laws in an orderly fashion.

Yes, that is the way I understand it also.
As I said in my post above,
I am hoping the new BOD members will be familiar with the bylaws by next week and we will be able to have an orderly meeting that goes by Roberts Rules and our bylaws.
Thank you for starting this thread. I agree that any issues and concerns with the current Board should have it's own thread and not be mixed in with gripes about and from fired employees. Hopefully the fired folks who want to discuss the lawsuit take that issue to another thread.
hawaiideborah

[/quote]
Yes, that is the way I understand it also.
As I said in my post above,

[/quote]
Just remember that HRS 414D trumps the bylaws and RR and if there is a conflict between them, HRS supersedes. At the time the new members of the board were sworn in they didn't even know about 414D or they wouldn't be in the position they are in know.