Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulk water delivery company recommendations?
Hi there,

I hope everyone is doing well and surviving the lava, wildfires, drought and wild packs of wolves that have invaded Puna. I'm exaggerating on the wolves, but with the way things are going, it might not be far off...

In any case, our 3,400 gal catchment tank is on the last drips of water and we need to have some delivered. I was hoping some of you might have some recommendations of reliable bulk water delivery companies?

Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers,
Allison

Cheers
-Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov
Sanford services in pahoa is good and cheaper then many. All are booked out for days right now as many people are running low on water. So call around soon and see how long they are booked out for.
We ordered water on Tuesday at it was $200 for 4000 gal. My tenant just opened the phonebook and called the first #.

We are also in Kapoho and last time we ordered water (Dec 2010), it was about the same for same amt but on a Sunday.

Our tank was only about 1/2 empty but tenant decided to clean it out while it was low.

We always call JD's Water serving HPP. They haven't raised their prices. They ARE swamped, and can't deliver the same day you order, but they're good people and will get to you as fast as humanly possible.
Hi everyone and thank you for the responses so far! Here's what I've found out, in case anyone else needs the info:

Sanford: $126 for 4,000 gallons but they can only drive their truck completely full or completely empty. We only have a 3,400 gallon tank, so they'd have to dump 600 gallons on our property and that seems like a terrible waste. They also have only an 85' hose and our tank is farther away, so no go. First available date is MondayThey were extremely nice.

K&T Water Hauling: $155 for 4,000 gallons. They can drive the truck with the remaining water in it, so water wouldn't be wasted. 100' hose, which may or may not reach our tank. Going to have to go pace it off and see! First available was going to be tomorrow or Sunday.

JB Water Hauling: message machine so no info.

JD Water: Kenney, couldn't find a number for these guys, so if you have it maybe you could post?

Charlie's Water Hauling: message machine so no info

ACR Water Hauling: message machine so no info

So, if anyone knows a trucking place that might be able to do a smaller gallon amt and has a longer hose, let me know? Otherwise we're going to hanging out doing rain dances in the back yard. =)

Again, thanks for the responses. Much appreciated!
-Allison

Cheers
-Allison

I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them.
- Isaac Asimov
Aloha Allison. JD's # is 238-5327. When I called yesterday the phone just rang and rang, but they called me back pronto. (caller ID?) They told me yesterday that both their phones are full and not taking any more msgs. and that one of the partners was off island for 3 or 4 days, so you might not get a response until the phone person gets back early next week. They charge 110$ for a load, but I don't know what their capacity is or how far they'll travel to deliver. ( That price could be dependent on deliveries in HPP.)If you live in HPP, JD's is your guys.

Allison, some of the water truck companies have fire hoses that you can use to water your yard with the remainder of the water. I did this several years ago during a drought and it saved many plants. Takes two people to hold the hose. Good luck!
FYI Charlie's has been sold and was expensive, $165 for load, but they came out the next day. Trying to get ahold of people was frustrating. Thanks for putting the information and prices up there.

Best wishes
Best wishes
Mine cost me $285 for 200 gallons when I ran over a ground rod while maneuvering my truck after a water run and had to get a couple of new tires.
No joke, there's always the county water taps. I scored a 275 gallon tote so that makes it somewhat easier but you would be amazed at the eclectic assortment of containers I have seen being filled at the taps.

Best to go at around midnight then you have the taps to yourself.