Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assume the best
I have observed over time how easy it is to have misunderstandings.

I've found that when something is said or is going on and and I do not understand it and so then I was forced to guess.

When I am forced to guess I have about a 90% chance of guessing wrong.

The simplest way out of this conundrum is to:

1. Assume the best and then
2. Ask a question

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
That is very wise Rob,I agree.I think a contributing factor to misunderstandings is that we are trying to write what we feel, or think, without the other elements of human conversation.For example,humans are social animals and need to see facial expression and body language in order to better determine what the other person is saying.Without three demensional input there is a draw back to this form of communication.So,the computer is limiting on that aspect,but on the other habd,it is wonderful form of communication becasue we are connected to so many people at once.No matter what, society will continue and; communication will forever remain an artful dance.There are very intelligent and humorous people in this Punaweb community.We will all work out our differences,or agree to disagree,and life goes on.And yes,this is one of the best forums I have seen.And my hats off to you Rob.

"communication will forever remain an artful dance"

Very nicely put.

May I suggest that some start a topic on The Artful Dance of Communication?

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Very interesting how things are said.
Yet not practiced.
Seems like carp,
find the other fish swimming alone
and rip it to shreads.
Appears Rob you first like this punapetah
then you restrict him to 4 posts?
what country is puna in?