Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help: former Sprint customers in Kapoho?
Aloha everyone Smile

I need help from other Kapoho residents who used to have Sprint & couldn't get reception.

I cancelled my account with Sprint in July b/c I couldn't get reception in Vacationland. The rep who helped me verified that Sprint & Nextel didn't cover my area & cancelled my account. Easy, right? har har.

Today I noticed I'm still being charged so I called Sprint. This rep tells me that their coverage map says Sprint works in Pahoa - well YEAH DUH, but I don't live in Pahoa, no matter what my address says Smile I live in Vacationland & mister cell phone no worky worky.

So I'm hoping there are other folks in Kapoho who had to switch off Sprint & would be willing to let me pass on your name to their Customer Service Dept if they keep insisting that sprint works at my house Smile Or heck, if you're a current Sprint customer & your phone doesn't work when you're in Vacationland, that would be great too.

Hopefully they'll just take my word for it, but I'd appreciate the aid of anyone who'll back up my claim.

Mahalo!
Erin

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
Erin,
1. Was this new service or a transfer of service?
2. Were the transactions or conversation done in person or were they via phone calls or emails?
3. Was each of the Rep you spoke to a Sprint/Nextel employee or an authorized vendor representative?
3. Do you have the date and name of the representative you spoke to along with discussion notes?

Hi Bob,
I'll answer each one:
1. Was this new service or a transfer of service?
- I had sprint for 8 years & wanted to keep it when I moved to HI, but they didn't have coverage at that time. So they told me I could cancel without the early-termination fee.

2. Were the transactions or conversation done in person or were they via phone calls or emails?
- phone unfortunately

3. Was each of the Rep you spoke to a Sprint/Nextel employee or an authorized vendor representative?
- yup, it was Sprint's customer service

3. Do you have the date and name of the representative you spoke to along with discussion notes?
- yes, thankfully. Being Type A comes in handy again!

I got a response from them this morning & it sounds like they're not going to fight it. Thank goodness.

However, hopefully others planning to move here will benefit from my botched experience. If you cancel your cell service, be sure to get names, dates, detailed notes & ask for written confirmation....then double check your bank account to make sure it's truly *off*.

Smile Erin

Edited by - hooligal on 11/16/2007 09:09:13
Hey hooligal, get on that fast as Sprint is now working sporadically down here. Kelly's (Sprint) cell worked off & on down here yesterday. (1-2 bars max, 0 bars 1/2 time)

Edited by - kapohocat on 11/16/2007 09:19:27
Yeah, in my mini rant to them yesterday I'm trying to get them to honor my original request I sent on July 30th. Crossing my fingers.

hooligal ask to talk to supervisors, get thier names and they're supervisors names then ask for your credit for your inconvience, they pop those out $25, pretty easy. If they mess up on a business phone and loose you possible revenue you can hold them liable. I got $500. credit on a friends 800 number because they messed up transfering him from San Fran to Santa Fe.

Quick follow up..
After numerous calls, emails and dead ends with Sprint, I finally got a hold of an account manager who was *delightful* and fixed everything in 10 minutes. It was the most pleasant customer service interaction I've had in a long time.

As a side note, I used to work Customer Service & it can suck pretty bad. When you have a great Customer Service experience, take a few extra minutes to contact the CS supervisor & let them know their employee did a great job. They hear plenty of bad reports, but rarely hear about it when they do well Smile

Glad it worked out.

My contact got back to me late on this, but it sums up what you already discovered. Once the first employee agreed to terminate your account, that’s what the company is bounded by. It doesn't matter what may now be the case, they agreed to the termination on a particular date and that's all that matters.

So who does provide good coverage in your area?

Bob, thanks for checking with your person. Glad I didn't need the help, but I surely appreciate you asking on my behalf!

I have Cingular now & get fantastic reception in Vacationland.

Obligatory Tangent: My first Cingular phone (Sony/Ericson) didn't get *great* reception - I figured it was just the Cingular network. The Sony phone was stolen in Oahu & I replaced it with a Motorola RAZR - I immediately got super-dooper reception. Everyone I know who has a RAZR raves about how much better their reception is (and they're on multiple networks, not just Cingular). It also has incredible battery life. In case anyone's in the market for a new phone Smile)

Edited by - hooligal on 11/19/2007 18:08:24
bet it won't work at my house .lol

KEEP PUNA RURAL