Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kapoho Waste Treatment Planning begins
County of Hawai`i
Department of Environmental Management
Sewer System Feasibility Project Kapoho, Hawai`i

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2007, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
PAHOA HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA

The County of Hawai`i Department of Environmental Management has engaged the engineering firm of Engineering Concepts, Inc. to preliminarily address the feasibility of a wastewater collection and treatment system for the Kapoho Vacationland Estates and Farmlots, Kapoho Beach Lots and a public restroom at the Wai O Pai marine life conservation district.

This first meeting will present preliminary information regarding alternative sewer systems applicable to the area. This project is in response to Senate Bill SB 2480 SD1, H1 and Hawai’i County Council Resolution 437-06.

Interested individuals are invited to attend this meeting to share any questions or concerns you may have about the project. Individuals requiring special needs accommodations should call Ms. Dora Beck at (808) 961-8028 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date.

CONTACT: Ms. Dora Beck, P.E., Technical Services Section Chief, Department of Environmental Management, at (808) 961-8028.
Bobby Jean Leithead-Todd
Director
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
From what I understand, this project was torpedoed by the residents of Beach lOts when it came up back in 1998. Because they pulled out at the last minute, the whole project was shelved and Federal Funds were lost. Let's hope this doesn't repeat...

That's true, shiny. I've got the link to the timeline that Vacationland put together to try to get Beach Lots (current residents) onboard with the new study and proposal:

http://www.vhca.info/

Then go to "KKWA" and then "Sewer System Effort" then "Cesspool Seepage Timeline".