Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cockroaches
I keep my house clean, no issues with cockroaches until I went on vacation. Came home to a large number of big cockroaches in house. Are they entering my house from cesspool via plumbing that was not being flushed regularly?
Same issue here. It must be the year of the termites and cockroaches.
just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.
We thought we didn't have cockroaches until we replaced our outside stairs and discovered a colony.

They probably just got used to being able to wander the house anytime while you were gone.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
boric acid helps. so do the sticky traps. bomb the cars.

#10048;
#10048;
hoi hoi sticky traps FTW.

no car bombing you ulster nutter.
OK, so since you mentioned car bombs, I'll hijack the thread for one post to repeat my father in law's favorite joke (now in a time capsule -- the joke, not my FiL): It's the 1970's... Man drives into a gas station in Ireland and asks clerk "Can you fill up me tank?" Clerk says "We got no gas here". Man then says, "Hmm, well could you check the water in me radiator - the car is overheating." Clerk says "We don't service cars here...Look, Bud, you gotta get out of here, this isn't a gas station, it's an IRA front!" Man says "Oh, an IRA front? In that case could you blow up me tires?" <rimshot>

I'm here all week, be sure to tip your servers and bartenders...

And as for the cockroaches, Hoi Hoi sticky traps in the house and routine applications of Home Defense all around the outside of the house will control the situation.
It takes weeks or longer for the drain traps to evaporate so unlikely they are coming from the cesspool. Our chickens keep the populations of the outside roaches down. Occasionally one will find its way in. If our dog sees it the roach is a goner. The hoy hoy traps get a few each month this time of the year. If you see one scuttling around and can't squish it put a trap in that room.
Hoy hoy. I like the name, wonder what means?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Rats are out of control in lower Puna as well. My macnut trees have been stripped of the ripening nuts and with hundreds still hanging there but chomped.

I went to Ace and picked up their new non-toxic rat poison, boy was that a mistake. It didn't work at all and gave the ratz time to demolish what was left of my macnut orchard. I've never seen the ratz do this before.
Boric Acid in your outlets and attic. Keep BA away from you pets and children! Very dangerous. Hoy-hoy's all around. Bombing the cars is a must.