Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We found an LFA sting ointment that WORKS
I've been stung by LFA hundreds of times. HUNDREDS. I hate them. Lately due to Siesta and Provaunt the stings only happen when we go into untreated areas, but with 6 acres that happens all the time. I've tried every possible product including prescription creams my doctor and I have tried. I have also used "home remedy" type treatments like ammonia with limited success.

Longs in Pahoa has a tiny "discounted" area with expiring products and there was a poison ivy itch relief product called MAXIMUM STRENGTH IVAREST for 66 cents. I thought, what the hell, we've tried everything else. And since the price was right, I bought all 3 of them.

The product doesn't soothe mosquito bites at all, but when used on LFA stings both my wife and I have had nearly INSTANT AND PERMANENT RELIEF. I'm not kidding... get stung... apply product... about 10 minutes later the itching/burning horrible sensation is gone and it never returns. The welt shrinks to about nothing and heals quickly.

In case you can't find the product (or think that I'm a celebrity spokesman) here are the active product ingredients so you can search for a different brand or label. I've tried them individually without success but this product works for us...

Calamine 14%
Benzyl Alcohol 10.5%
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 2.0%

Amazon has it. Not for 66 cents however...

Cheers,
Kirt
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 2.0% is the main ingredient in Benedryl creme, aka Equate Extra Strength Anti-Itch cream

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Was it here I read to apply WD-40 ? NOT kidding, I did read it.
Does not sound too healthy but sometimes the immediate is more important than the future.

Never tried, have you Terracore ?

aloha,
pog
I saw that too and gave it a go as I couldn't see what harm it could do other than spoil a T-shirt.

It didn't help at all, vinegar was better. Really curious about terracore's info, I'm fed up with the bites.
Maybe your body had adapted to all the stings already? But good to know, some people have it a lot worse than others. I'll pick up some for the next banana harvest. Man, almost makes me wonder why I planted them if I just gonna get bit by LFA 10 times in the process of whacking the trees down with a machete. Better just to pay the 99 cents a lbs and let the ants have em.
I have definitely not adapted to the stings. If anything, they get worse over time.
Personally I find an ice cube applied to the bite until it completely melts works pretty well. But do it quickly after the sting.....

Laura
Laura
I've had good results using the fruit of Naupaka (Scaevola) for relief, but that said I don't feel my reactions are as severe as those i've heard described by others.

Best of luck in your search for relief.
a friend claims straight rubbing alcohol eases the pain.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>