Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anti-GMO ? Why I am.....
Am I against GMO?
Am I being rational?
Is there a reason I should be concerned for myself and others?
Yes there is.

The following is from a report on a similar subject; does Teflon present any danger to us?

As a preface to this I only present it to you out there due to the on-going discussion about GMO on the islands and whether or not to use such augmented plants.

I am against them until such a time that those responsible have vetted the process as safe for our consumption in an open and above board transparent manner and not until then.

The link is long and very troubling, please take the time to read and learn once again how our own go to great lengths to placate us with outright deceptions.

I am not a fanatic about such things since my time left on this earth is growing shorter but a lot of you have a lot more at stake especially in your progeny.

I hope the link works. The closer you get to the end the worse it gets.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/...pockethits

Ray

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

You are trying to compare apples to oranges! Teflon is a chemical, not a GMO plant.
Am I against GMO? does Teflon present any danger to us?

Maybe not an outright danger, but it could be an inconvenience. Sure, if you breed Teflon into a GMO vegetable the bugs will slide right off the plant so farmers won't need to use pesticides. But then after I steam a nice head of broccoli the butter won't melt into it either, will it? It'll slide right off into a golden pool on my plate, hopefully there are dinner rolls to soak it up. Scientists never look at the unintended consequences.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I think I know where the OP is going with this.

"I am against them until such a time that those responsible have vetted the process as safe for our consumption in an open and above board transparent manner and not until then."

Who are "those responsible"? The FDA says that the GMOs they regulate are perfectly safe for consumption.
I think you'll be against GM technology until someone (maybe anyone) comes along and "proves" that they're not safe.

You guys seem to forget how cruel and unforgiving the world was, and how we are enjoying a brief period of prosperity and stability.

As much as people like to whine about teflon, gmo's and global warming this is probably the safest a person has been in human history.

Disease, clean water and plentiful food have spoiled us to whine about little things of no consequence. If you want to get back to pristine anti-science time, fly to Africa. I am sure they would share a hut with you. You can spend the day wondering if that last drink of water is going to kill you.

Anti-vaccinations, non-pasteurized milk, etc. I just can't wrap my head around the idiocy. Let's stop the practices that stopped massive amounts of death and suffering.

The future of humanity of forward, advancing science for human benefit, not trying to revive some romanticized version of the past that would most likely kill you in a month.

There used to be a huge anti-GMO crowd in California, many voices crying out against the injustice of Monsatan. Then the droughts and the fires came and they realized that they had bigger fish to fry...
Teflon is toxic, so is aluminum cookware. Why accept that? Technology should always be tested and questioned, especially if it comes out of China.
Not worried about Teflon; doesn't bind to food in the pan, won't bind to your gut. GMO -- I'm adopting wait-and-see ... there may be justifiable cause for concern. Not a new problem, in our highly domesticated lifestyles we gain vulnerabilities to predators and parasites we might otherwise have immunity to. On the other hand, for the most part we are living longer and there are more of us. GMO is just more in the same direction.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe

There used to be a huge anti-GMO crowd in California, many voices crying out against the injustice of Monsatan. Then the droughts and the fires came and they realized that they had bigger fish to fry...

Can you say Weather modification gone awry - or maybe not
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Am I against GMO? does Teflon present any danger to us?

Maybe not an outright danger, but it could be an inconvenience. Sure, if you breed Teflon into a GMO vegetable the bugs will slide right off the plant so farmers won't need to use pesticides. But then after I steam a nice head of broccoli the butter won't melt into it either, will it? It'll slide right off into a golden pool on my plate, hopefully there are dinner rolls to soak it up. Scientists never look at the unintended consequences.

Ah, but consider the medical benefits for sufferers of constipation...