Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet enough for you?
A few hours ago I checked the heat index and it said it was 102 F (312 kelvin).

At least there is a breeze today but there is more heat/humidity in the forecast.

Ugh.
That heat index pretty much matches Phoenix. Geez.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
a fun movie scene for hot weather days ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAM97wVdmmM

aloha,
pog
Heat woke me up...now I'm watching the lightning show that seems to be coming from the northwest.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
I am so over it. I miss our trades!

How is weather in Volcano today ? Dont care about rain but is it cool?

Thinking of escaping heat, and going up to get senior park pass for hubby.

Hilo broke another record yesterday with 90 degrees at the airport....although unofficially it said 92 at my house in HPP. I'd love to see the statistics for this year on the number of days that we've either tied or broken the record for high temperatures. It probably will be a record in itself.

I was thinking the same thing when talking weather at Pele's Kitchen this morning with friends....

Its about 10 degrees cooler than Pahoa, at about 71 degrees right now, tho it's suppose to have a high of 74. Not bad. I dunno tho, I find with a few ceiling / box fan it's pretty comfortable, esp, right now overcast. Tho, I hear ya around 2PM is the worst. Then the sun starts to creep down to 3-30, heating up the west wall of our house. that's when it's time to dead out for a late afternoon walk! Smile
"How is weather in Volcano today ? Dont care about rain but is it cool?

Thinking of escaping heat, and going up to get senior park pass for hubby.
"

A little late on seeing this Q, for what it's worth here is the official report...

Today up mauka it was very comfortable short-sleeve t-shirt weather starting from very early A.M. (an unusual trend this summer). It remained comfortable t-shirt weather until this afternoon, when it seemed to get a tad cooler. This evening up mauka it is just barely unbuttoned flannel weather (next to open window in house with single-wall construction).
Just flew into Honolulu and watched the most spectacular lightning show for the last few hundred miles of the flight, especially north of Oahu and also towards Maui and the Big Island. Getting off the plane and into the open air felt like walking into a sauna, even late evening. The satellite images look as though the Hawaiian islands have moved to the equator. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like this before!