Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have Satellite drop-out?
Forum to follow satellite problem for now.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/...ts.352806/

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

Don't be an sesquipedalian, Eschew Obfuscation.....

Sometimes, when I see the neighborhood children make small discoveries of their own, I wish I were a child.
With apologies to Dr. Seuss

I'm a member of SatelliteGuys forum, lots of friendly members. It's got a whole range of topics besides satellite TV, give it a read.
I didn't see a forum for satellite internet, did I just miss it?

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Yes when it rains or there are huge clouds !

When I lived in Utah the snow build-up on the dish or feedhorn caused dropout too .
I've been having internet loss even in fine weather the last few days. I have Exede.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
I have Dish Network satellite TV service. I used to have rain fade but very rarely now,solved the problem by using larger than standard dishes for satellite locations 110,119,129 orbital locations. Larger dishes increases signal gain (stronger signal) thereby reduciƱg signal loss causing rain fad e.
I believe the 3 hurricanes may have had an effect on your reception.
Obie, the original topic is actually about KHON losing signal due to a mainland technical issue.
Where I am in Leilani, I have larger then normal Dish-dishes and have not had rain fade in a long time.
This is the topic I replied to :

"Do you have Satellite drop-out?"