Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your times ..
Sorry Rob if this causes a stir ...

But what are your best times across to Kona ?

< 80 minutes here from Airport to KCAC via saddle ... ZERO reckless driving involved, just cruise pace and zero traffic.

100 to Kona Airport via Naalehu from Kulani road ( don't ask )

Use this conversion tool ..
http://www.arkansasrunner.com/calculators/mileperhr.htm

aloha,
pog

my best time to Kona is not to go at all.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
I took a chopper from Hilo to Hawi one year. I don't recall the time but it was quick!
Pog - did you really time your trip? Never felt the need myself.
This is timely for me -- I've been meaning to ask about drive times (80 minutes sounds pretty good). My husband and I will be moving in the January time frame. We will be arriving with our three cats so need to fly into Kona. With three stressed cats, and a stressed me, I was wondering what the quickest way around the Island is (Kona to HPP)? This would be early to mid-afternoon on a week day, if that makes a difference.
what the quickest way around the Island is

Always the Saddle -- north/south Belt Road has many "substandard" sections, with traffic slowing to a crawl through every little "town".

My best times to Kona are for recreation...
what the quickest way around the Island is

Always the Saddle

This assumes the Protesters don't get shuffled down from the Visitor Center to set up "not a camp" at the Saddle Road & Mauna Kea Summit Road intersection, then commence to deconstruct a brand new substandard road by rolling rocks around the general vicinity. It's what I'll always remember them for.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
deconstruct a brand new substandard road by rolling rocks around

No, that's long-range thinking: they know it will eventually become an Emergency Route and thereby qualify for a Road Bond despite being "substandard" and with "questionable title". (The "emergency" will be people getting their dengue fever cured by the aliens who land on Mauna Kea, one of the very few places on Earth that matches the conditions of their home planet.)
Thanks for the info and the heads up on not-a-camps.
"But what are your best times across to Kona ?"

The very first was the 'best time'. [grin]