Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockdown at pahoa high AGAIN.
My boys who go to pahoa high are saying Micronesians are causing many of the problems? My wife and I also went to pahoa high a few decades ago, we don't remember having Micronesian classmates. The Teachers have been involved in many of these scuffles lately, why are they having to break these fights up?
We recently pulled our boys off the wrestling team due to a bad staph infection going around the team. The new A.D is not liked by the kids or coaches from any of the athletic teams apparently, he does not know how to relate to or support the kids. Again money left over for the keiki disappeared from last year, so no good wrestling mats or even protective gear.
This morning had 4 cop cars parked outside the library, not sure what they were doing?

http://khon2.com/2015/12/09/teachers-wan...-violence/
One of the suggestions made in the news report was to fill vacant job openings, as more adults on campus might act as a deterrent to student violence.
In the meantime, couldn't parents volunteer to walk the halls, or monitor the lunch room?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Trying to get significant parental involvement in even small things is part of the problem.
From the KHON piece: "Adults trying to intervene are being assaulted." Sounds like this has gone beyond the point where parent volunteers (unless they are MMA practitioners) would do any good.

About five to seven years ago we heard this sort of story all the time in reference to Keaau High. That problem went away when they finally removed the principal who at one point used "cultural sensitivity" as an excuse not to crack down on ethnic mini-gangs. (In keeping with the fine tradition of our unionized schools, I think that incompetent individual was reassigned rather than fired.) Could school leadership be an issue at Pahoa?
Maybe a good idea hotpe to have parents volunteer or help unless they also get hurt or involved in the fights? Jmo here, its not the kids fault. This side of the island or part of the state, has been going through some tough times recently coupled with decades of DOE, county, and state neglect and CORruption. Many of these kids at school don't have great home lives, they are only going to school to be babysat or get away from abusive homes. The community here seems to think pahoa school is new and improved, or that there are many things offered for the kids to do around these parts. Well this community, DOE, and state should be proud of itself once again for making the news.

The way the state has been hearding its cattle and handing out its EBT cards has made the 3rd and fifth day of every month a holiday in these parts. Let's pay close attention to that 13 or 14 million dollars( mayor kenoi), that has been allocated to this area for the keiki. Before it just disappears like most keiki's dreams of a better life from these parts.

this has gone beyond the point where parent volunteers (unless they are MMA practitioners) would do any good.

Offer B.J. Penn a rent free (narrow) training facility in Pahoa High hallways? If the students sign up and fight under supervision, win-win.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves

I think the glorification of MMA fighters here is a big part of the problem. Pahoa middle and high students have been posting fight videos on line all year, I recognized a bunch of kids who hang out at the Penn gym and participate in their youth programs fighting in those videos when a young friend showed them to me. These kids are not learning good conflict resolution skills at home, in fact the number of parents who have TROs banning them from the kids' schools because they have tried to fight or threatened kids who had issues with their kids is really eye opening. A kid whose parent is willing to threaten a 3rd grader in front of witnesses over an elementary playground beef is not going to be a good role model. Just look at the two guys who had a shoot out in Keaukaha over a POG game!
This crap has been going on for decades. Put up cameras, send the punks and their parents to jail. Easy fix for rational civilized folk but the Big Island has a problem of cleaning up it's own backyard. Somehow they think they are the model society and don't need any outside influence. I've heard as much from a previous police chief and politicians. Kinda like North Korea.

This is what happens when you have a culture of people who pride themselves with being born and raised here and never leaving the island. Many of those who step out of the mold make it as far as Las Vegas.

Micronesia, the Marshall islands, is almost 1000 miles long, with hundreds of islands. There are 45 square miles that humans can, and have lived on, for well over 1000 years. They are the canaries in the coal mine, and many areas that were on the ocean front are now going under the ocean. The federal government has been quietly relocating Micronesians for over 20 years. On this island, they were being sent to Kau. They are the refugees that don't make the headlines.

There are several things going on, but there may be a sudden flood of Micronesians out of their ancestral homelands. This is being done because the Republicans that control the House and Senate don't want the American people to know that effects of global warming/climate change are already being seen in the ultimate laboratory, the Pacific. A lot of things that directly affect Hawaii are going on in the politico background.

The Navy response to the situation in Micronesia is they want to bomb the hell out of it. It is a Pagan island, after all:
http://www.civilbeat.com/2015/06/the-pen...ic-island/

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Earth to Ted, try to stay with us here.

http://www.punaweb.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21780