Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcano Transfer Station Redesign
Has anyone used the new transfer station?

Does it seem poorly designed, with regards to vehicular traffic? Do the post supports for the new roof obstruct the flow of traffic even further?

Is this the same design that was implemented at the Pahoa transfer station? How is that transfer station working out?

I visited the new Volcano transfer station for the third time, and it doesn't seem to flow well at all for dropping off trash. People are parking along the drive, in a parallel fashion, and blocking traffic. Seems assinine to me, but maybe i'm missing something. Was this a terrible waste of money? I really didn't have any complaints for old design.

I hope glenwood doesn't suffer the same fate.
Totally agree, the traffic pattern and parking are a mess, the new overhangs make a bad situation worse.
Volcano also has the Cooper Center, so I'd say it all kind of evens out.
The Cooper Center is a nice facility. I think in large part because it is private, correct?
I used the transfer station yesterday and saw the newly installed roof supports. After waiting for the vehicles in the 3 available stalls for unloading general household rubbish to finish, I took my turn. I pulled in to unload rubbish according to the intended design, no problem.

As for the old design? Ha. There was no design. It would have taken at least three times longer for me to drop off rubbish yesterday with the added hassle of backing into a congested space when busy.

It's a huge improvement.
The Cooper Center facility is owned by the county and managed by the Cooper Center Council, a community organization. The Cooper Center is as nice of an asset for the community as it is because of plenty of community volunteer involvement and competent management.
so did you back in?
Pulled in to the new angled stall, easily backed out of the angled stall. Overall huge improvement.
The Cooper Center is nice because it was built by the community. Not the County. If it is in fact 'owned' by the County it is as a cooperative agreement. The entire thing was built by the people of Volcano in the mid '80s. Ray Fuhrmann, who you'll note the firehouse is named after, was the driving force behind the entire project and would often be seen working alone on it when nobody else was available.
The county owns Cooper Center. There is a cooperative agreement in place between the county and the C.C.C.