Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best cheese source?
Where on the east side is the best place to find gourmet cheese? Looking for a wider selection than is usually found in the Safeway deli section.
There's a guy that sells many varieties of goat cheeses at the Makuu Farmers market every Sunday.
KTA has a small but pretty good gourmet cheese case at the end of the beer and liquor section, I've gotten cheeses there that I couldn't find anywhere else on this side of the island. Thanks for posting, it reminded me that I need to pick up some for holiday snacking.
Best cheese source?

Go to Wisconsin.
However, if a trip to the source of great cheese isn't possible, Island Nat has Black Creek extra sharp cheddar. 3 years old. Really good.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Cost U Less often has a good selection with decent prices.
Second KTA and a shout out to Target for driving everyday cheese prices down at all stores.

aloha,
swiss pog
I say, funky cheeses = gustatory bliss. Life entirely devoid of stank cheese would be a sad affair.
KTA

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Sadly, I have not found a good (local) source of artisan meats or cheeses on this island. I hope you find your cheeses, and post their sources here!
If I had to choose between only eating cheese or meat...I think I'd choose cheese. Any cheese makers in Puna? I'm a big fan of aged cheddar.

Edited: to fix my logic