Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunshots - Kaloli/Beach Road
Five shots about ten minutes ago. Several calls to the police. Kaloli / Beach Road area in HPP. Lots of shouting afterwards. Don't think this was a pig hunter.

Ouch.
Figure Tom, shots prolly focused in near direction of the other mouth for effect ... My question is ... Did shouting continue after said shots ???

aloha,
helmet on,
pog
One shot not so loud, then about 5 seconds later four shots about a second apart and very loud. No shooting after that, just shouting (albeit from a distance, if it was Beach Road then it's a couple of hundred yards distant and against the trades). I called 911 and the dispatcher said he'd already had calls about shots, and I called just a couple of minutes after I heard them, so definitely unusual.
Kinda makes me nuts; something unusual/threatening happens, and you never find out what it was.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Is it possible it was the frustrated neighbor shooting roosters? I was told by another neighbor that this guy gets angry at all the roosters running around making noise off of K and shoots them. But then roosters aren't running around in the dark, right? I'm asking because I don't know. I did hear a lot of roosters crowing the night before, which was very annoying.

The main culprit allows her roosters to run around loose all over and propagate more roosters. The noise gets out of hand when we all have 1/2 acre lots down here. So some take it in their own hands to control the population...maybe that's what happened?

I heard the yelling down towards K Rd.

I have had to put down a couple of wild roosters, and I used a perfectly legal air rifle. It doesn't. bring down the cops

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Lee, I agree. I haven't heard anything about what actually happened last night. PAKA Watch (neighborhood watch in the Kaloli Point area) might have some more info soon, I'll pass on anything I find out.
No firm facts so far, but the running hypothesis is that since the gunshots coincided with large boulders being placed at the points some use to trespass onto Shipman Land at the end of Beach Rd, the shots might have been fired by someone frustrated they couldn't take their vehicle onto that land. I don't know if that's true and please don't take this as fact.
It might have been related to this:
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...ened-judge
Police search for man who allegedly threatened judge

It sounds like the guy firing off rounds in Hawaiian Acres. He is still on the run, probably took a gun or two with him. Driving a stolen truck, one news source is saying guns and possible explosives found. I remember seeing stories similar to this, where the guy takes off into the brush in one development, signs of them in another development, sometimes catching up with them in Kona.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*