Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near miss...please forgive me!
I owe a HUGE APOLOGY AND MEA CULPA to at least 3 drivers and probably more potential victims for a near accident about 8 p.m. Sunday evening at the corner of Paradise and 28th in HPP.
I don't know HOW I missed seeing the intersection and stop sign as I approached from the west side of 28th but suddenly there is the side of a car heading makai right in front of me, with headlights of another vehicle behind it and another coming the other way heading mauka. At first I braked like crazy to avoid hitting the 1st car, then gunned it when I saw the other headlights.

How I didn't cause a very tragic crash, I just don't know!

I had an angel on my shoulder and thank goodness, I wasn't driving too fast for her to keep up with me. Those of you who I scared the wits out of, I beg your forgiveness. My heart was still in my throat the following day.

Frankie, I am glad you and the others are safe. Your candor and open admission are remarkable. Are you sure that there was a stop sign in place? Although I have not been through that particular intersection in a long time, there are more than a few missing stop signs and street signs in HPP. For example, the signs at Railroad and Paradise (Keaau bound) are missing. The HPPOA should be notified of missing signs and other road hazards at 966-4500.

Cheers,
Jerry