Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddle Road SR200(3) Construction Blessing
The HDOT/CFLHD held the blessing ceremony for the start of construction of the final east side Saddle Road phase between m.m 11.71 and m.m 5.67 (on Puainako Street extension) last Friday. This project should be wrapped by late May 2017, if they don't allocate another 6.1 million dollars to do the superpave. Three additional months will be added to the project, if the Option X
sub-bid is executed.
Did they say who got the bid?
Thanks Aaron
Originally posted by macuu222
Did they say who got the bid?

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...-road-work
"Road and Highway Builders, an affiliate of Texas-based Sterling Construction Co., is the low bidder on a 6-mile stretch above Hilo, and work is set to start in the next few months, the company announced."
This is terrible. On a motorcycle, that stretch of road is the most fun stretch of Saddle Road this side of Kona. Next they will pave Government road and remove all the ancient Hawaiian walls and giant mango trees because without potholes as speed bumps, drunk/drugged fools will crash into them and sue the state. The Los Angelization of everything everywhere is accelerating.

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.
quote:
Originally posted by imagtek

The Los Angelization of everything everywhere is accelerating.

Everywhere except Ranchos!
"This is terrible. On a motorcycle, that stretch of road is the most fun stretch of Saddle Road this side of Kona."

Oh well. I kind of think improved safety and efficiency of travel for all vehicles outweighs concern of losing a favorite winding joyride spot for some motorcyclists.
Thanks for posting this Aaron - that's great news for all of us on the east side. I'm sure that the local body shops will hold a wake for demise of that last stretch of road - I can't count how many accidents I've seen on that stretch of road during the last several years - it's amazing that more aren't killed on that stretch...
quote:
Originally posted by imagtek

This is terrible. On a motorcycle, that stretch of road is the most fun stretch of Saddle Road this side of Kona. Next they will pave Government road and remove all the ancient Hawaiian walls and giant mango trees because without potholes as speed bumps, drunk/drugged fools will crash into them and sue the state. The Los Angelization of everything everywhere is accelerating.

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.

There's the Wakii road off Saddle....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
"Oh well. I kind of think improved safety and efficiency of travel for all vehicles outweighs concern of losing a favorite winding joyride spot for some motorcyclists."

Once again, proving one cannot have/share an open, un-offending opinion here without it getting pissed on ..

Enjoy it while you can Imagtek.

aloha,
pog