Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad delays on H-11 this evening
Took over two hours to get home this evening from Hilo and I'm sure it was worse for people who left work a little later than me. The left lane was closed at the end of the merge (by Lama Street). I saw no wreck but a crew looked to be sweeping oil absorbent on the road. There is a nixle message about it:

"Advisory: Avoid Highway 11 near Lama Street in Hilo. One Puna bound lane is closed, expect slowdowns for the next hour."

Anyone know what happened?
Why don't the police post a temporary sign coming out of Hilo so drivers could take one of the many alternative routes into Puna?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Why don't the police post a temporary sign coming out of Hilo so drivers could take one of the many alternative routes into Puna?

Hey! Isn't that Kalakoas' line?
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Very good!

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
At the same time a driver pulling a trailer full of logs on Railroad by Home Depot appeared to have lost his load and backed up traffic on Railroad to Makalika....fun Friday commute.

I had to drive to Hilo for something, so got stuck in traffic coming home.

lost his load and backed up traffic on Railroad

If only there were an alternate route...

Not so much kalkoa's line, as it's been his point.
Gotta admit, it was quite a... coincidence? Even dare I say, an Unsolved Puna Traffic Conspiracy?

temporary sign ... so drivers could take one of the many alternative routes into Puna?

Something like?:

Drive On Into It

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Or, state the obvious treating us like simpletons, ACCIDENT-- expect delays

Community begins with Aloha
I was thinking UPTC myself...

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
https://youtu.be/tfmKwgrQzdE