Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cinder questions
I have need of some cinder at someone's house. But, a full sized dump truck of it would be way too much. Is there someone that delivers the cinder in smaller sized dump trucks? A full truck would be about 10 cubic yards, and we need about 2 cubic yards, though could deal with maybe 5. I'd worry about a full sized dump truck getting through the gate and being able to drop the full load and still leave room for the occupant's van to go inside and park.

Thanks for any comments.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Ashley's Tractor & Hauling (808) 937-0262 has several different sized trucks, including some that are 4x4 and can get into difficult places. Ashley is great, always professional. I highly recommend him.
Chong That sells veggies, etc. just up Ainaloa (first on your right) has a smaller truck. I do not know what he charges, but he is a good guy and a friend. 966-6605

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP

Thanks for the tips you guys! I think I will check with Chong in Ainaloa, as the house is just up Ainaloa Blvd from him, and I go by there quite often. Maybe he can help me. The project looks like it will take only about 2 cubic yards, and it has to be dropped in the parking area at that house. 10 cubic yards is way too muc. 5 I might be able to use the extra for other fill in.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Red cinder crushes down, so "extra" is desirable; base coarse or "drain rock" is better for parking.
i think you can go shovel your own at bryson's in pahoa for like $10 or $15.
Thanks again. Drain rock sounds like what we need. This is going to be for a fenced in area, 21' x 4' x 6" deep, and used to keep her dogs in part of the time. She bought a pre-sized sheet of a material allowing the doggy pee to drain through into the gravel.

I'll get a price from Chong first. If that doesn't work out, I'll check with Bryson's in Pahoa. $15.00 a load doesn't sound too bad. But, my Toyota Tacoma is a 2004, the last of the mini's, so it would take some loads. I'd have to get a tarp to cover the bed too.

I knew this was the place to ask....

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Earth Works- 319-8588 they have a small truck.
They well load your pickup at puna black rock.

jrw
jrw