Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell service
Aloha everyone! I'm still mainland side but will be making my move next year. My current cell phone number has been compromised and I am thinking it's a good time to change carriers to someone I can keep once I move. I would love some input as to good service in and around Eden Roc. Who do you have? How do you like it? Mahalo all!

"One day there, madam, is worth one year of common existence," David Douglas
that area, verizon works pretty good in the front. To basically wish and pray it works for the back.
That's kinda what I was thinking. I'll be there next week and will be able to check out AT&T service as that's my sweetheart's provider but hoping to have a couple options. I'm guessing I will be blissfully off grid as far back in the neighborhood as my lot is. Mahalo for the input!

for what it's worth... I had t mobile when I was up there.. and had fairly good signal ... my phone always connected to a tower up towards Volcano.

Opensignal.Com is a good general idea of cell/wireless Internet coverage

http://opensignal.com

Work..Consume...Obey - There's your meaning of life....
Buy a $15 Tracfone (Walmart, etc) and activate it with a 96720 zip code. Should be a verizon signal. Not only will you be able to test signal strength, you'll have an 808 area code phone number.
Oddly enough, my Tracfone got no bars inside Walmart the other day, and said "emergency calls only". It worked in there in the past, and I tried it in several places in the store. Lots of other people were using phones in the store, so it isn't a total blackout.

Yes, I'm paid up, have minutes, and the phone worked fine outside both before and after my Walmart experience.

><(((*< ... ><(("< ... ><('< ... >o>
Tin (foil) roof dey get ???

Were you the one I saw making a call about 1 or 2 percent milk ?
I had Verizon and it was OK. Now I have AT&T which is also OK. I did get a signal booster since I would otherwise get no signal inside my container and the booster comes with an external antenna that I mount about 20 feet up so when I am in the container I get excellent service.

ETA: I actually meant to say I had T-Mobile, not Verizon.
I used tracfone in Eden Roc. Decent level of service right to the back. When we retire hopefully we'll move back and I'll have to consider a data plan of some sort or possibly the point to point wireless thing some people are doing.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
[quote]Originally posted by Lee M-S

Oddly enough, my Tracfone got no bars inside Walmart the other day, and said "emergency calls only".

I have had a similar problem with my Net 10, which was bought out by tracfone. I have had several "blackout" experiences with mine lately, including in Walmart. I think they must be having network troubles.

When I lived in Eden Roc I had virgin mify and Net 10. I was about halfway back in the subdivision. Mify was slow as dial-up. That was two years ago. I hope it is better now.
Peace and long life
Peace and long life