Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality and affordable day care options in Puna
We would like to help our youngest kids get an early start to a quality education. Enrolling them into a local puna preschool or puna day care program could help, any suggestions?

The cost for child daycare or preschool these days is very high, I would think there would be many area options besides the pahoa preschool?

http://khon2.com/2015/10/09/child-care-i...ege-costs/

This year is extra special and trying at the same time as we are also blessed with our oldest son now enrolling into an out of state college.

There is a very nice Head Start facility in Hawaiian Beaches. Head start is a one of the better early childhood programs around and children really benefit from participating. There is probably a maximum income threshold, but usually it is based on both family size and income.
One of the best things you can do for young children is reading to them and showing that you value learning. Either my wife or I used to read to my children every night depending on who had time. We bought them books on topics that would interest them, especially any that would help explain the natural world around them.

Just call me Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike