Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa farmers market
Went to Pahoa Market last Sunday. Bought a ton of coconuts, food from the Thai place. Vegetables from three vendors. Flowers etc... The guy running the place runs over to me and is yelling at me. You can park here one hour only. Grated I've been there about 35 minutes spending cash. I said' "I'm spending money here". He said he doesn't care and told me I better watch out. Anybody else have problems there? I guess I won't be buying coconut oil from him anymore. All this going on with bags in my hand.
Same grumpy guy we dealt with last year. instead of argue with him,we just never went back .
We were only there maybe 15 minutes at most .

Mrs . Mimosa
Lots of smiling people at Maku'u Farmers Market. 1$ to get in buys you all day parking sans grump.
I wouldn't go there if my life depended on it.. too many other options..
Perhaps they should be audited by the county ... state.. IRS.. they might have to much money.. if they can afford to pay a guy to be an a@&butt.

Work..Consume...Obey - There's your meaning of life....
Wow, that is really weird. I haven't been there in awhile, but I've never had any problems. It's a nice alternative to Maku'u if you don't want deal with the parking and don't need a bunch of stuff.
Based on an educated guess,the OP parked and then walked out of the parking area to eat breakfast .

Edited to satisfy CS Gray.
"The OP parked and then walked out of the parking area to eat breakfast. Vehicle was there for an hour and a half !"

My god. The OP should be thrown into jail and the keys thrown away. Lawlessness in Puna is out of control.
Tom wake up.. thats one brainless over the top reply above...
duh, ....if what Obie says it true, then the OP only noted on 1/2 of the facts, leaving out the most important piece of info,.. how long ACTUALLY parked in the lot... and the ONLY reason there was a slight prob was because of the length of time the car was parked and not moved, and maybe business unrelated to the Mkt... doesnt matter how long actually shopped, or how many Niu actually bought...

I now see she got "food from the Thai place."

aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Maybe the "guy running the place" should charge a buck like makua does. One in hilo or Keaau free to park! Big Grin I've only parked in pahoa a few times, never had a problem. Tho, if street parking is available ...it's my first option. Makua is a nice tourist market, but not really for locals.
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

Tom wake up.. thats one brainless over the top reply above...
duh, ....if what Obie says it true, then the OP only noted on 1/2 of the facts, leaving out the most important piece of info,.. how long ACTUALLY parked in the lot... and the ONLY reason there was a slight prob was because of the length of time the car was parked and not moved, and maybe business unrelated to the Mkt... doesnt matter how long actually shopped, or how many Niu actually bought...

I now see she got "food from the Thai place."

aloha

There is a Thai food place in the Pahoa market right next to the entry. We have gotten Sunday breakfast at Luquin's and grabbed our produce at the market regularly for years, and have never had anyone get in our faces about parking, there is always on street parking available if you don't mind walking a few extra steps.

I think everyone is over parsing this post, and yet no one seems to be questioning why Obie is such an authoritative source on the actions of an anonymous poster at the Pahoa Market on a given Sunday. How does Obie know who the OP is, what their car looks like, and how long they were there? Unless Obie is the grumpy parking cop, which is unlikely, he could easily be just projecting what he "thinks" happened. How realistic is it that someone would remember how long someone else was parked at a public market a week ago, what they did there, and how long they took eating breakfast?