Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost dogs
We have a dog that ran into the woods yesterday with her cable leash
Attached to her. We think she is stuck in the woods somewhere behind our farm. So far we cant find her. Does anyone have advise or know some one that has a dog that could track her. Our lab is also gone and we think he may not want to leave her to come home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much. Of course we are so sad with worry.
I had a dog who came to my Fern Forest home back in 2000 in pretty poor shape, presumably a lost hunting dog. She disappeared in the forest a number of times tracking pigs. Once she was gone for a several days, showing up on my deck later to my great relief. Another time she turned up at a neighbor's house with several wounds to her forelegs and chest a couple of days after flushing some pigs during a hike. Fortunately the neighbor was a friend who recognized her. I'm not a hunter, but I quickly learned that hiking with her was risky since she seemed to have the hunting inclination trained and bred into her. These expeditions of course made me very anxious, and it was always a relief when she turned up.

I would check the humane society, and if you have photos, publish them on craigslist and post prints in the neighborhood. I hope she turns up, I can imagine how you feel.
very dangerous if cable (metal) lead attached that she can't bite through. you need to tell what area you are in so people know where to look or advise..
Keep looking and calling.
Maybe they'll start barking when they get hungry enough..

..What would King Kamehameha do..
We live off of Huina,Rd near Rainbow Friends sanctuary in Kurtistown. Yes the cable is the worst situation. We're near the mac nut orchard that backs up to Kam School. My husband is calling and not hearing barking. She is usually very vocal. I imagine they were running g after pigs. Thanks to everyone for replying.
Thank you again for advice. Husband found the cabled dog tangled in bamboo about a mile up the back road. The lab was waiting right by her, good friend boy. Neighbors had reported hearing yipping. Lessons learned. So happy for this miracle. : )
very cool to hear the good news! aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
wonderful news. love a happy ending.
Awesome news!!!! What a relief!