Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorist gets 30 days for killing pedestrian
I don't know about this one. He was drunk and left the scene of the accident. In any other state...he would have gotten 10 years!.

https://newsofhawaii.com/motorist-gets-3...edestrian/
Our judicial system is broken, and there is no means or will to fix it. This guy was legally drunk some time after the accident, so we can assume that he would have tested higher at the scene . . . had he chosen to stick around and take responsibility for his actions. In a civilized state the judge would be investigated for incompetence by a review board or voted out at the next election. This sort of sentencing happens on a regular basis, and it's a disgrace.
Its nice to know they put such a high value on human life../S

..What would King Kamehameha do..
Killing the mama's ok. Groping the little girl (with the hands, not the car), on the other hand would merit the death sentance.
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
Unfortunately this is probably par for hawaii or this type of county behavior.

http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2009/0...s-delayed/

P.S. The comments below the article says a lot about our county,state, and government culture here in Hawaii,jmo.
5 AM Sunday morning.
A grandmother was walking on the sidewalk with her granddaughter to the bus stop so they could visit her son in prison.
Driver on the highway fell asleep at the wheel, drove off the road, hit the pedestrians, killed the grandmother, seriously injured granddaughter, then drove home. Tested .09 DUI.

Driver gets 30 days and fined.

How many tragedies are in this story?

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I'm a grandfather. My wife is a grandmother. We have a 5 year old grandaughter here in Puna. This is NOT justice. If someone killed my wife and injured my little grandaughter....I would have nothing left to lose. I hold the driver AND this judge responsible. I would not let this go.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Im in the same situation birdmove. we are raising our grandchild. Reading stories like this leave a bad taste in my mouth.. and rage in my heart.

Edta: its okay everybody... he showed remorse.. so the judge let him off. That makes it alright
If you cry crocodile tears in the courtroom.
http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow...d=lEgb4cNz

..What would King Kamehameha do..
DWI resulting in a death should have a mandatory minimum sentence in order to stop these limp wristed judges from their continued assault on society.
DWI resulting in a death should have a mandatory minimum sentence

1. Mandatory minimum sentence for any death resulting from gross negligence.

2. Driving privilege permanently revoked for any DWI.

3. Remorse is for the victim and their family, and should have no bearing on actions by the Court.