Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit & Run in Kalapana (8/3)
FYI: (*From HCPD)

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5697767/

Media Release

Hawaii Island police are investigating a hit-and-run accident late Wednesday night (August 3) in the Kalapana area.

Puna District police officers responded to an 11:11 p.m. report of a vehicle-pedestrian accident on Highway 130 in Kalapana. A 32-year-old Keaau man was reportedly struck by a mini-van while on the side of the road inspecting his stalled vehicle fronting the painted church in Kalapana.

The van sped away in the Pahoa direction. It was described as light blue.

The victim was taken to Hilo Medical Center and later transferred to The Queen’s Medical Center on Oahu for serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

Police ask anyone with any information about this case to call the Police Department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311 or Officer Tristen Allen at 965-2716.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call the islandwide Crime Stoppers number at 961-8300 and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.

Someone knows who this is...small island. [Sad!]

ETA: Omit irritating "#699&" things.
Hmm August 3rd, Wednesday. I think that's the night, uncle Robert's runs their gig and lots of people wind up driving home drunk.
ElysianWort, Top of the morning to you. Unfortunately, I Thought the same thing reading this. The police were usually having their roadblocks just outside of Pahoa on Wednesday nights around that time the accident occurred. Maybe the Police should move down the road with those roadblocks to be a little closer to the Party and all?
Uncle Roberts Wednesday nights have been going on for how many years? and how many incidents have we had in all those years? my condolences to the victim but this is much ado about nada
Uncle Roberts Wednesday nights have been going on for how many years?

Because permits and licenses are only required for the haoles.
It takes a pretty big coward to hit someone and leave the scene.. how can people live with their selves knowing they are so yellow bellied cowardly to not be able to face the consequences... of their actions.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Uncle Roberts Wednesday nights have been going on for how many years?

Because permits and licenses are only required for the haoles.

So if Uncle Roberts was a permitted, and licensed establishment then this accident would not have happened? I'm not following.
quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

It takes a pretty big coward to hit someone and leave the scene.. how can people live with their selves knowing they are so yellow bellied cowardly to not be able to face the consequences... of their actions.

Moreover, with the victim's car being disabled had the suspect stayed and provided transport up 130, perhaps care could have begun sooner.
This isn't ' the icing on the cake' but I am severely disappointed in any society that thinks hit and runs are..' oh well, sh#$ happens.

..Bad boys,Bad boys what we gonna do...let ya out on bail for a buck or two...
quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

IF you think about the legal repercussions, it's not all that difficult to understand. Pretty darn scary for many to think they could go to prison for no malintent of their own. That said, often people are in shock and take off without thinking but to let someone lay there injured seems incomprehensible.

A friend of mine hit a guy on a crotch rocket who darted out from behind a large temporary county "work in progress" sign on the side of the road. What a disaster, even though his rocket was uninsured and not road legal or visible until impact, my friends vehicle was impounded for over a year while "under investigation". After my friend was cleared in court, the rocket rider sued and lost, and my friend went thru hell due to being being treated like a criminal even though there was no negligence on his part per the court. $35,000 in attorney fees. What a joke.