Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. Jan. 21 - Womens March in Hilo
http://bigislandnow.com/2016/12/18/hilo-...nal-event/

quote:
The event will be held at the Mo‘oheau Bandstand in Downtown Hilo at 329 Kamehameha Avenue from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with the march beginning at 11:30 a.m. It will include guest speakers and informational booths from various community organizations.

The Women’s Initiative Gathering aims to facilitate collaboration by bringing community resources together to educate and raise awareness regarding concerns, issues, and resources available to women and marginalized groups.

Attendees will walk the sidewalks of Hilo together in solidarity with the Sister Marches happening across the country. At least 100 Sister Marches are planned in every state, including five in Hawai‘i, along with events as far away as Geneva, London, Melbourne, Oslo, Rome, Stockholm, Sydney, Toronto, Vienna, and Zurich.

Hundreds (800+) of people have signed up to go
http://www.hilowomensmarch.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/events/336765526701244/

Join in! Rain or shine!
I went to the Facebook page and saw "LGBTQIA". I guess I'm no longer hep and I have no idea what the last three letters stand for.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transsexual
Queer
Intersex
Asexual

I wonder how long before they add an F for Furry?
I wonder how long before they add...

I just use the abbreviation BLT. I'm too old to remember any more letters than that. No disrespect, its other association is delicious.

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by Eric1600

Join in! Rain or shine!

Sounds kinda sexist to me just on the face of it. Wink

Cheers,
Kirt
quote:
Originally posted by knieft

quote:
Originally posted by Eric1600

Join in! Rain or shine!

Sounds kinda sexist to me just on the face of it. Wink

Cheers,
Kirt

Add a "D"' then you can go as drag.....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
LGBTQIA + D + F + C (cisgender),and all others regardless of how one identifies oneself are invited to participate, including those who voted for the Donald, to show solidarity and support for woman's and human rights as I understand it. I shall attend and I am neither a sister nor a woman. Sorry for the inconvenience; we're trying to change the world.
I'll be there and I'm not in those minority groups either. However I'm tired of Americans being pitted against each other by politicians.

From their facebook page:
quote:
Aloha!
You've found the page for the solidarity march in Hilo, HI. We're marching in Hilo to show our solidarity with the Women's March on Washington D.C.

On January 21, 2017 we will unite for the Women’s March. We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families -- recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.

The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us--women, immigrants of all statuses, those with diverse religious faiths particularly Muslim, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native and Indigenous people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, the economically impoverished and survivors of sexual assault. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear.

In the spirit of democracy and honoring the champions of human rights, dignity, and justice who have come before us, we join in diversity to show our presence in numbers too great to ignore. The Women’s March on Washington will send a bold message to our new administration on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights. We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us.

We support the advocacy and resistance movements that reflect our multiple and intersecting identities. We call on all defenders of human rights to join us. This march is the first step towards unifying our communities, grounded in new relationships, to create change from the grassroots level up. We will not rest until women have parity and equity at all levels of leadership in society. We work peacefully while recognizing there is no true peace without justice and equity for all. HEAR OUR VOICE.

Pitting one group against another is a favorite tactic of the ruling elite, and snowflakes like this group blindly follow suit with feel-good, do-nothing activites like this.

How come I never see women marching to demand an end to alimony???
United we stand divided we fall -Aesop

Keep everybody snapping, snarlin,and scrapping amongst themselves...and you don't notice your pocket getting picked.