Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propane Prices ?
It's time for me to make the first refill since Pahoa Propane closed. I see that Ace is selling Propane there now. Which is cheaper, Ace or that place that is on the way to Pahoa from Keaau on the left?
Ace has better quality gas.

if I may ask...How so?
I paid $6.40-something a gallon at Ace last week for the little grill tank.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

if I may ask...How so?

According to my off grid technician, it's a higher grade and won't clog orifices, such as in on demand water heaters.
quote:
Originally posted by Punatic007

quote:
Originally posted by Frank

if I may ask...How so?

According to my off grid technician, it's a higher grade and won't clog orifices, such as in on demand water heaters.

wow thanks...interesting
I'll tell you whut!

HD5 Propane Quality - Fact vs. Fiction

Retail propane companies that advertise "highest quality propane" are actually selling propane that conform to the specifications as required to be labeled and sold as HD5 propane. An important fact to note is that there is no higher grade than HD5 propane available for resale through retail propane companies in the United States...HD5 is the highest grade propane available to U.S. consumers. A company stating that their propane is of a higher grade than HD5 is inaccurate in their claim. As presented above, a tank holding pure propane contains what is classified as HD5 propane.
-------------
I am calling hogwash on this. That would imply that there is more than one propane distributor out of Hilo.
We filled at the Makuu place on Friday & it was a little more... I think $4.65... Money 1/30 $4.54
& as to quality...just because an un-named "technician" tells you, does not make it fact.. Unless there this person is actually testing the propane to specifications with calibrated instrumentation, it is just a hunch.
The propane is refilled by HI Gas at both Ace & the Makuu farms locations & really doubt they have 2 separate trucks delivering, one for higher quality... could be so, but I would check with them first, not rely on a "technician"!
Most likely the difference in price is the difference in land cost overhead for each location...DHHL land has very low overhead...
What happened to the people running the tank and shop by Ace in Pahoa? I liked those guys and their prices were usually the lowest.